samsung gear s3 screen is black

Constellation

Re: samsung gear s3 screen is black

You rock! Problem solved for me too

Constellation

I'm having the same problem as listed above,  please HELP!!!

Constellation

Mine just went dark too.  What is the problem?

Asteroid

Bueller, bueller....anyone!?

I woke to a blank screen on my frontier.  Pushing and holding any and all buttons does nothing to correct the blank screen.  

Samsung Moderator

Does the device turn on and the screen is blank or is it not turning in at all?

Asteroid

The pixelation on the screen is mostly gray. You can see vague specks of red and green colors at times and darker lines of gray that run horizontally at times. 

Samsung Moderator

Important: Inspect the device for any physical or liquid damages.

If the watch has pixilation, horizontal lines or flickering to appear on the display, restart the watch to see if that fixes the issues. If the issue continues, verify the following:

The watch has the most recent software version installed and the apps are up to date. Connect the watch to a phone using the Galaxy Wearable app to check for updates.
Does the same issue occur on the startup screens after the watch is powered on?
Did the issue start after using a downloaded watch face when the Watch always on feature is on? It is recommended to change or uninstall the downloaded watch face.
Notes: The symptoms appear because some limited watch faces did not follow specific guidelines when they were developed. Samsung had already deleted some watch faces with problems from Galaxy Apps and notified the developer of the guide to follow. Samsung will manage watch face contents consistently.

If the issue occurred recently after installing third-party apps to the watch, uninstall the app(s), and then restart the watch.
Reset the watch to factory defaults. Backup data stored on the watch to the phone using the Galaxy Wearable app to prevent data loss.
If all of the above steps have been performed without resolving the issue, the watch will require service.

Constellation

thank you,  I was upset that it just stopped. you helped a lot. 

Constellation

The experts couldn't help me either! Your post did. Thank you!

Constellation

I just downloaded some app updates a couple days ago and suddenly my screen is either black or has three pale green pixelated horizontal lines. I tried rebooting and that lasted a couple of hours, then it came back. I only have a couple of watch faces and some utility apps on it, so I tried to reset it from my phone. The phone reports that it disconnected, and it appeared to restart, but when it came time to reconnect to bluetooth, I have the same three lines again. I have tried holding down both buttons for 8-10 seconds, but it flickers and the same lines come back up. Same thing using the charger.

Anyone have any ideas, other than target practice ;-) ?