cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Gaming Lag... Still Waiting

It has been over a month now with the broken OneUI 2.1 update that has ruined gaming performance on my Galaxy Note10+. I'm so tired of waiting for Samsung to fix this, it is completely ridiculous that a $1,100 phone plays games like a $200 low-end phone. The reason I purchased this phone back at launch was because it is supposed to be a power user phone. Honestly I am so disappointed right now in Samsung. There are multiple people reporting gaming lag and poor frame rates and stutters and nothing is getting updated to fix it. How many times do we have to post and talk to agents for something to be done about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gaming Lag... Still Waiting

I had a S9 and never had half the lag issues that this S20 is giving me since the One Ui2. 1 "upate." This needs fixing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Did you ever recieve any new software update since then? My phone started doing that after security patch update in first week of May. So, I am waiting for next patch update that is due in first week of June and hoping that might fix the issue. If the new update doesn't fix the issue then I will try flashing android 9 in my phone using Odin. UbreakIfix reflashed the same latest update on my phone but it didn't work. Problem continues.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

To answer your question below: No, I never received any type of update, at least that addressed this gaming performance issue. My lag and stutter came along with OneUI 2.1 and the April 2020 security patch. Yesterday, I finally got the May 2020 security patch through AT&T and the gaming lag still isn't fixed at all. I hope that soon, or even with the June 2020 update, Samsung will have fixed this issue... It is getting more and more frustrating to deal with. Gaming on it is awful.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you have already recieved the May Security Patch and it didn't fix the issue then there is no reason June Security Patch will fix the issue for both you and me. Thanks for the reply. Samsung is not going to make a dedicated update for this locked FPS issue as it seems to affect only few users. The only reason I am holding onto the phone is S-pen as I use it for class notes/HWs. 😔

Highlighted
Asteroid

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!! (I read it on another thread)

So, turn on "Developer Options" then go into Developer Options then scroll down to locate "DISABLE HW OVERLAYS". Turn this option ON. Now open PUBG. Once you are in the lobby, You will notice your game display is flickering and still lagging. But all you have to do now is press home button to minimize the game. Don't close the game. Just minimize it. Then just go back in the game. Thats it. Your game will not flicker and lag anymore. ENJOY YOUR FULL 60 FPS AGAIN. You will have to repeat the home button/minimize step everytime you open the game. But thats it. It takes less then 3 seconds to minimize the game and get back into it. Of course, it is not an official fix from samsung but it works. Good luck!