cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S20 US unlocked Ate6 camera update.

Considering this update had been pushed to other US carriers, when is the unlocked version getting it? You think the unlocked would be first because they would need to be compatible with all carriers since they don't know which one you are going to use it with. Come on Samsung. Let us know. I haven't been using my camera much because I want the fix to roll out first. It should not take this long of and update had already been put out. Roll out a camera only update if that's easier.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S20 US unlocked Ate6 camera update.

Hey there @Jeffc73OC, I hope you're doing well. 

The US Unlocked units will skip ATE6/7 and are currently updating to AFT1.

ATF1 is already pushing to select carriers and will continue to push to others in the near future. (This is all based on carrier approval.)

I hope this helps! Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

@Rydah wrote:

ATF1 is already pushing to select carriers and will continue to push to others in the near future. (This is all based on carrier approval.)

I hope this helps! Take care.

Huh what?.

Why is it dependant on the carrier?. We paid for unlocked phones directly from Samsung so we would not need to deal with carrier bloatware.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

If we get phone unlocked from Samsung surely the updates should come from Samsung. This is why we get unlocked phones. Please don't tell me that the firmware update checks are dependant on the carrier network. That is kinda stupid. The carrier network should only be the connection to the Samsung servers hosting unlocked non carrier dependant firmware.

No, it does not help as quite alot of us are frustrated for paying a premium for a suppiosedly very highend phone to have a basic function like autofocus to not work out of the box.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the info. If I have an unlocked version doesn't Samsung push the update? Why would I need to wait for my carrier to approve when technically my phone is compatible with all carriers. The unlocked version should get it first. Right?