SmartView not working on S8

Constellation

SmartView not working on S8

Hi, S8 is failing to mirror to my Samsung LED 46inch TV. My old S6Edge is able to do it all the time. I use same WiFi for all my devices. Reboots and restarts not helping. Any idea?

See more topics labeled with:

88 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: SmartView not working on S8

Check your Samsung Connect, as well as make sure that the TV itself is compatible with your new phone. Does it at least find the TV if you try to do something like this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

I have 2 Samsung tv's and both connected fine until today. Now neither will connect though I did manage it through another app for 10 mins before it kicked me out. 

I'm sure it's since the latest update on the phone as things were fine before hand 

Cosmic Ray

Their little updates are really not helping. Face recognition quit on my phone with the first update

Astronaut

Compatability?  All Samsung phones are compatible with Samsung TV's, per Samsung support.  I have the same issue with my mirroring issue as does my son and daughter and wife, all of us had either S6, or S7 and it worked fine until we upgraded to S8's

This is obviously a software problem that Samsung needs to fix on their next push.  

If someone has a solution, post it.

Astronaut

My Samsung TV is paired to the phone, the phone recognizes the TV, The TV recognizes the phone. When you attempt to mirror, you get a black screen on the TV OR you get to see the home page on the phone but there is no interaction.

Post a fix, don't waste our time asking us to check compatibility, we're not idiots. That was a very insulting 1/100 answer.

$2800.00 Samsung Smart TV, $800.00 phone..........Admit it's an issue and post the fix or a time frame for the push.

Honored Contributor

My apologies, but that is not what I meant when I said compatible. It probably wasn't the right words to use, but you do realize that older televisions don't all run the latest version of the direct software needed for that. I'm honestly not familiar with the televisions themselves, and how often older models are kept up to date software wise/supported. The S8 is a brand new phone, which is why I ask...there very well could be something that needs to get updated, but I'm not the person who's going to be able to admit anything, post a fix, or even have a time frame on the push of it.

I'll make sure your concerns are forwarded though so that it can be looked into. Should any information get back to me on this, I'll make sure to update everyone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Astronaut

I have this same problem on my s8 and my tv is relatively new being the ue65ks8000. My girlfriend's s6 works perfectly. 

Constellation

Same issue here. Tested on more than 8 samsung smart TVs from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Crappy S8 plus!

Astronaut