S8 active after update wont let me see netflix or Hulu

SOLVED
Constellation

S8 active after update wont let me see netflix or Hulu

After the phone ask for an update 03/01/18 my phone wont let me see Hulu or Netflix, every video a play i only see a green screen and audio. For now everything else works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tanke3000
‎03-10-2018 01:36 PM

Re: S8 active after update wont let me see netflix or Hulu

Hey folks!

We've been looking into this. It appears that it was a Sprint specific update that was sent out that caused this problem. Samsung is working with Google and Sprint to get this fixed as soon as possible.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

96 REPLIES
Asteroid

Same problem, I don't have Hulu but Netflix is green screen with audio

Asteroid

Same issue here.  I have cleared cache un installed hulu re installed, issued continues.  I am traveling for work and my phone is how i am able to watch my shows after a long day, be great if some one came up with a fix for this! Hulu and Netflix, both broken. 

Constellation

Had the same issue with both netflix and Hulu after the update. Ended up going to Sprint and after scratching their heads they eventually replaced my phone. Picked it up this afternoon and have no problems, although I'm ignoring the software update notification until I hear it's fixed.

Constellation

They tried a soft reset and when it didn't help they assumed something was wrong. Seeing as how they couldn't tell me what the problem was they just replaced it since I've had it less than 1 month

Constellation

Ah a 14 day exchange, much different than an repair department exchange.  They wouldn't do one for that, they would have to mail it in before going that route.

Constellation

Having the same issue, any idea if there's been a fix? 

Asteroid

Also having this issue.  Phone is S8 Active.  Hey Samsung, what gives?  I'm a defense contractor on overseas deployment,  I'd really like to see some tv when I get some precious downtime 

Constellation

Same problem samsung whats up on a fix

Constellation

So glad I found this.  I thought it was just me, tried even to download offline, same green playback.  Definitely seems to be something in the coding.  Such a pain, don't know about everyone but I primarily use my phone to watch these apps