S8 swipe to unlock not working

SOLVED
Asteroid

S8 swipe to unlock not working

I have an S8 with AT&T that did an update last night and now my swipe to unlock is gone unless it's been 5min to lock. Before when I hit the power key it would show my clock and notifications and I'd swipe to show my home screen and now when I hit my power key it automatically opens to my home screen unless it's been my preset 5mins. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nebula
Solution
Accepted by topic author userAv4PwQ2ZUX
‎06-22-2018 12:20 AM

Re: S8 swipe to unlock not working

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I have an S8 with AT&T that did an update last night and now my swipe to unlock is gone unless it's been 5min to lock. Before when I hit the power key it would show my clock and notifications and I'd swipe to show my home screen and now when I hit my power key it automatically opens to my home screen unless it's been my preset 5mins. Any ideas? 

It's either anguish or reset and setup as new device. 

I tried as you suggested and it still doesn't work. The only option for the power key showing is Lock Instantly. :/

did you do a master factory reset and erase all data and setup device again

33 REPLIES
Nebula

[ Edited ]

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I have an S8 with AT&T that did an update last night and now my swipe to unlock is gone unless it's been 5min to lock. Before when I hit the power key it would show my clock and notifications and I'd swipe to show my home screen and now when I hit my power key it automatically opens to my home screen unless it's been my preset 5mins. Any ideas? Once you hit lockscreen swipe hit lick screen swipe again 

Look in lockscreen settings see if lock screen with power key is turned on. 

Nebula

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I have an S8 with AT&T that did an update last night and now my swipe to unlock is gone unless it's been 5min to lock. Before when I hit the power key it would show my clock and notifications and I'd swipe to show my home screen and now when I hit my power key it automatically opens to my home screen unless it's been my preset 5mins. Any ideas? Once you hit lockscreen swipe hit lick screen swipe again 

Look in lockscreen settings see if lock screen with power key is turned on. 

Best case scenario  since update happened,and now lock issue, won't hurt start fresh with a factory data reset and setup as a new device. From there you can rebuild it the way it was before update. Keep in mind you will lose data on there after reset. But can be restored later. 

Asteroid

The option doesn't show. 

Nebula

Seems update caused temp issue. As I suggested a FDR full reset as new. Start fresh! 

Nebula

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

Asteroid

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I tried as you suggested and it still doesn't work. The only option for the power key showing is Lock Instantly. :/

Nebula
Solution
Accepted by topic author userAv4PwQ2ZUX
‎06-22-2018 12:20 AM

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

Asteroid

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I did the factory reset through the options menu not the recovery mode. Is there some other way? 

Nebula

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I did the factory reset through the options menu not the recovery mode. Is there some other way? 

apparently since you did a FDR and for some crazy reason it still cant swipe to unlock, then its time to file a warranty exchane or repair RMA with samsung.