Mic not working

Constellation

Mic not working

When placing or answering phone calls the other called can not hear me unless I turn on speakerphone.... any voice to text does not work

141 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Mic not working

I am also having this exact problem, at first I thought it was a microphone issue but that should not be the case considering the speakerphone option works. The Google app can also not hear any of my commands when I attempt to say anything.

Constellation

I'm having a similar issue except nobody can hear me at all, not even with the speakerphone on.  I turned the phone off and then back on and it is working ok for now.  I'll see how it goes but it's not really a long term solution.

Constellation

I am also having the same issue. I can only speak with someone by using the speaker or the head phones. I'm about to go to my carrier tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's happening. 

Asteroid

This may sound silly, but I managed to get it to work by simply blowing lightly around the charger plug in area assuming the mic is there. Seems to be working fine now, maybe a little dust particle bugged everything out. I'm hoping that was the case.

Constellation

This worked! Thanks!!

Astronaut

I'm having a similar issue. I happened twice for now. people just cann't hear me at all. Mic was still working fine with voice recorder app when this issue happened. I fixed it with reboot my S8+  in first time, and fixed it with switch on and off the flight mode in second time. This issue both happened after I disconnected the blutooth connection from bluetooth audio devices (car bluetooth, and Bose Bluetooth headset) during a phone call. I think it is a bluetooth related  software issue. Hope Samsung can fix it asap. 

Asteroid

For me to make it work, I have to reset my phone then it's good to go. But I still find it odd that this is happening often.

Constellation

I've tried your suggestions but it's still not working Smiley Sad

Asteroid

userurW9KOESS7 wrote:

I've tried your suggestions but it's still not working Smiley Sad

Interesting. So far my Mic is working. The last thing I could think that MAY help is closing all open apps, clear up ram space, and retrain ok google. I contacted Samsung. Hopefully they well tell us a solution to fix the problem. This is the best I can do to help :/.