Camera Not Focusing and Blurry Photos

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Camera Not Focusing and Blurry Photos

I'm afraid I have no received any word back yet on this, @Anonymous. But it has been reported, which was the first step. With a lot of the new stuff and updates pushed out recently, it's easy to see that a lot has been on the teams plate in general.

Nonetheless we all will continue to push forward, and do our best to get you all your answers!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Astronaut

Shook it one time and everything came back to normal, this happend after i installed rhe update so I was unsure what happend but the little shake done it, thank you

Constellation

I have the same problem and it's so annoying. In the middle of a video, it would become fuzzy. I'd have to toggle it to selfie mode then back to normal mode then it would focus. But then, in the middle of the video it would become fuzzy again.

Constellation

I have same problem

"When I open the camera it is only blurring and not able to focuse, and stuck on the micro photography (I put my fingers close to the lens and they show up clearly, but anything beyond 3 cm is blurred!!) "

Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hey guys! 

I wanted to go back over other troubleshooting steps and workarounds to make sure you caught them in the thread:

• Some people have been able to resolve this by disabling Tracking AF in their Camera app.
  • Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  • Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  • Clear Application cache. 
  • Clear phone cache. NOTE: Press the Bixby key in place of the Home button in these instructions) 
  • Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps
  • Test the device with default settings by performing a factory reset
  • Contact support for a hardware evaluation

If you've exhausted each and every one of those options, please leave your model number, carrier & Baseband version. A list of the camera apps you're experiencing this in would help a lot as well. I know @SamsungMarcos has been pushing for information about this, I'd like to also give it a helpful nudge for everyone. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Samsung Moderator

Problem has been solved by updating all my apps in Galaxy app store. thanks a lot!. 

sorry for false satisfaction. the problem is same Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

@SamsungMel

Granted, my issue is a little different... I've done the troubleshooting techniques listed above. But still have issues with blurry photos (especially, if the subject moves ever so slightly).

I've been using the stock camera app in "sports mode" in an attempt to mitigate the issue. It helps a little bit. But doesn't resolve it completely. 

If you visit the s link on my previous post (along with YouTube link), that's the issues I'm having. (As @SamsungMarcos noted.)

I don't believe there has been any progress on this front. 

Samsung Moderator

That's a clever workaround @Anonymous! I wouldn't have even thought of that. But you're right, we should work on a better resolution so that you don't have to stick to sports mode for every shot. Especially with all the other cool modes you may want to utilize. When you say the S Link, are you talking about the Phandroid page you provided? I see that and the Youtube video which I currently have open on my desktop. Also can you provide your full model number, carrier, Baseband version & Camera app version you're running? I just want to make sure I have the specifics when I do any follow up inquiries up the line about this for you. Smiley Happy 

Constellation

Today I experiance the same problem aggainSmiley Sad

I did the suggested clear cache, update apps and all, but still can't solve the issue.

The best solution for now is to shake the phone or light tapping the camera lens