UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

Constellation

Re: UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

Why no custom text tones for different contacts? Even iPhone can do that!
Asteroid

I'll be purchasing a Google pixel before we even get a update. So done with the same BS year after year. Customer service is so lacking, it doesn't exist. I think i could get better service from BlackBerry at this point.

Asteroid

That's really a detailed, long winded excuse. If it was a priority that process would have been tackled first, then it's a given it works on provider locked phones. That answer has a small to it.

Constellation

Not happy with this new update. I actually liked being able to assign my contacts different message notification tones. It was a helpful feature that they need to bring back.. Bad Idea bad bad Im realllly missing this function.

Spoiler

Cosmic Ray

@userDj6xWN6EGHwrote:

The real truth: carriers have made a deal where Samsung has agreed to update unlocked devices last so US customers are forced to buy the carrier-bloated phones.  The international unlocked phones have had oreo for a month.  Lol.

Exactly. I paid less for my unlocked phone and assumed there would be downsides to it, like this. Samsung, stop lying to our faces. Be transparent or it'll bite you in the butt like it did Apple with their CPU throttling.

Constellation

Hi  Samsung

The factory unlocked S8+ was my first phone that I purchased from your company and seeing the type of support that  you are providing us with a very timely update (over a year) and now you have deprioritized your customer in favor of the carriers, this will be my last Samsung phone that I will purchase.  I want to see a company that stands behind its product, and doesn't provide excuses for the lack of support. Best of luck!

Constellation

My phone updated a few hours ago and now I can not use the Samsung keyboard. I had to fight the app closing and locking up my Samsung s8 for a few hours to finally be able to download a Google keyboard to be able to type on my phone. My mom S8 also updated a few hours ago and now she can not make calls. Both on Verizon 

Constellation

I was actually hoping they were going to improve the customization of sms. Verizon messages+ app or GO SMS are both highly customizable, backgrounds, font, size, color, notifications, etc. How disappointing. 

Asteroid

@Jealybeen81wrote:

My phone updated a few hours ago and now I can not use the Samsung keyboard. I had to fight the app closing and locking up my Samsung s8 for a few hours to finally be able to download a Google keyboard to be able to type on my phone. My mom S8 also updated a few hours ago and now she can not make calls. Both on Verizon 

I reported this issue to Samsung during the beta. It was an excruciating experience. I couldn't unlock the phone because the Samsung keyboard was force closing and the Gboard was not being able to be loaded. So I needed to remote unlock my phone via Samsung cloud phone assist. Frustrating that Samsung did not fix this in the Verizon released version after I submitted the bug early in the beta and they fixed it there. 

Asteroid

@SamsungTrevorwrote:
  1. Samsung Development: The carrier and the Samsung have agreed to support a new software update. Samsung starts working on the update.
  2. Carrier Testing: During this stage, the device will go through the carrier certification process testing to make sure you get the best quality software possible.
  3. Complete & Disperse: The software has been approved to launch and is now available. When it's ready for you, your device will provide a notification that the update is available, and how to download it.

With this being said, we’re working with our Carriers to get Oreo out to ALL eligible Galaxy S8/+ and Note 8 devices within the next 2-3 weeks. 

Really? You expect us to believe that? The beta was released in November and updated every week or two through mid-January and now you haven't provided a release for almost 90 days! Really?