UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

Constellation

Re: UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

Someone at Samsung needs their azz kicked.

Asteroid

Just saying, this is my last samsung phone.

Constellation

As others in this forum said, how come u can release it for international unlocked first. Ru not doing proper testing  for international unlocked then.

Again from forum as someone told, is carrier's stopping u from releasing update for US unlocked first. IF SO, STOP SELLING UNLOCKED IN US.

Ur execuse looks childish Samsung. If this going to continue, u will loose lots of good customers. 

Don't give this kind of BS to customers again.

Cosmic Ray

Totally agreed. I am a beta user with an unbranded unlocked S8. To put it simply, our unlocked devices were released as a "One Size Fits All". Originally, these devices were already certified by all the participating major carriers. If Samsung has a few incremental features that were not in the original carriers certifications, the BETA versions that were pushed out to these unlocked devices should have included these features in the FINAL beta update pushed out approximately 3 months ago. The beta version in my S8, which is being used on T-Mobile has very little issues at this time.

I believe that the real issue here is that customers with unlocked devices that are not purchased through the major carriers  are just the smallest segment of Samsung's sales. We are just a minority that Samsung does not feel we deserve its priority support.

The Android OS is a "one size fits all" but customizations by various manufacturers complicate updates. I have already accepted the fact that Samsung and the other manufacturers will never be able to push out Android OS updates any faster than GOOGLE. In addition, if TREBLE is not in this update then Android P will again take this long for Samsung to push this update. In order to avoid the "looong and frustrating" wait for an update, consider buying the Google devices ifyou can live with a plain Android OS with no bloat and no customizations.

Signed,

Pixel 2 owner and I will be on Android P soon. Smiley Happy

Asteroid

Hello Samsung I am in the if it smells and looks like horsesh@t camp it probably is.   Thank you though for helping me narrow down my future phone.  Hint... it won't be made by Samsung. 

Constellation

Really glad you guys are starting the testing and preparation now. When Android P dev preview is out. I wonder how unlocked Pixel devices work on ALL carriers with so little testing and preparation. Or maybe they just start a YEAR earlier?  It’s ok though. Technology these days doesn’t change that much in the course of a year.  No rush. Looking forward to getting Android P on the S8 in 2024!!

Constellation

I did the update yet my led for my message+ I can't change the color. Along with my notifications I can't change the color for them as well.  What are you doing to fix this problem? Because I was able to change the color before the system update. 

Constellation

Google about to release android P 

And we S8 still waiting for oreo 

Sadly samsung has no respect for there users 

Constellation

Agreed, I've run with Samsung since the S3, back when Samsung phones were hands down the best. I know they don't care, but goodbye Samsung. What was the point in building brand loyalty just to alienate your customer base?! Also, wife has the lower spec and fewer feature pixel 2 and I honestly love it way more than the S8. Is that just because of the Oreo OS, looks like I may never know. Haha

Constellation

Sorry Samsung but your reasoning is BS, reality you guys are contracted with carriers to provide them with all relevant updates first.

2 to 3 weeks is rediculous, will make any one consider buying anither brand. I've been with Samsung from the S4. 

I hope the other unlock users consider their purchases going forward. 

Best regards