Note 9 camera freezes

Constellation

Note 9 camera freezes

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

See more topics labeled with:

528 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

@Sopopc123 What settings do you have the camera set to? Also, does this happen every time you use the camera, or just some of the time? 

Cosmic Ray

I am having the same problem  Happens all the time.  Camera just freezes for about 3-5 seconds.  Video is worse.  What can be done about this?  

Samsung Moderator

@Knavely Is it saving to internal storage or onto an SD Card?

Cosmic Ray

It was saving to SD then I changed to internal storage.  Same problem.  Someone mentioned Smart Stay may be causing the problem. Can you confirm?

Samsung Moderator

I haven't heard of any issues with Smart Stay. Does the issue occur with Smart Stay off?

Constellation

I'm also having the same issue. Constantly freezes and unresponsive for at least a good 5-10 seconds at a time. Frustrating. 

Samsung Moderator

@Sopopc123 @Knavely @veilside939 Please provide the full model code and current baseband version. 

Cosmic Ray

I've turned off Smart Stay and, so far, haven't noticed any problems with the camera. But then, I haven't been using the camera that much.  I'll let you know in a few days if this solved my problem.  Suggest others who are having this problem turn off Smart Stay to see if it works.  I'm hoping it does,

Constellation

SM-N960U

baseband version: N960USQU1ARH2