Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

@TINNHI wrote:

Also having this problem. Its ridiculous that not even 1 month old flagship phone having this sort of issues. Kind of regrets switching from the iphone.

Model: SM-N960U

Baseband: N960USQU1ARH4

Carrier: AT&T

It basically has been happening since I turned the phone on for the first time. I've upgrade with every new Samsung flagship and this was not the case with my s9+. Very disappointing 

Supernova

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

@Ericstank: Thank you for that information. I will look further into this for you and reach back out as soon as I have more information. 

Asteroid

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

@Ericstank: Thank you for that information. I will look further into this for you and reach back out as soon as I have more information. 

Still no info?

Constellation

I am also encountering the Same issues:

Model - SM-N960U1

Samsung experience version - 9.5 

Android version - 8.1.0

I have the unlocked variant of the phone, blue 512GB. I have tried clearing cache, changing display resolution and hard reset. I have also gotten camers has failed message once. The lag spikes and happens in all modes and all camera applications. It will sometimes work if I close all apps for a minute and then begins to lag again. I don't know if this is a RAM issue or camera issue but it needs to be fixed. I've reached out to Android Central to ask them to investigate because we need answers. I love my Note 9 and it runs fantastic otherwise but for a $1400 phone this is unacceptable and it seems there is always some underlying issue with every Note release. Please let us know how to fix this, it is obviously I prominent issue which needs an answer ASAP! Thank you for your help!

Constellation

I just did and it fixed nothing. So it's not a 3rd party app and like I said, it's wide spread and Samsung knows about it. Taking my phone back tomorrow. Only had it 2 days. Don't want the headache of helping Samsung troubleshoot what they can't fix.

Constellation

You are correct. It's most owners who are experiencing it.

Constellation

The best way your voice will be heard, is return your phone if within 14 days for a brand new one. DON'T replace under warranty or they will give you a refurbished/used phone.

Constellation

Yes, I just checked.

Constellation

Sure... All of them. Seriously? Not worth it. We'll give them all back, get new ones or refunds and then you can check them in masses.

Constellation

They'll give you a new one on the spot if you are within 14 days. Get a new replacement, do not do a warranty exchange- you will have to wait for a refurbished phone.