Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

Constellation

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

(BIG ISSUE)

Note 9 camera makes my face look crookerd deformed in pictures. Help...how to fix

Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera lags/freezes from 1 to 5 seconds & also I received camera failed warning.

@user0Hz8dWfm85 wrote:

(BIG ISSUE)

Note 9 camera makes my face look crookerd deformed in pictures. Help...how to fix

I want to see this one

Constellation

My camera just crashes when I click on 2x zoom. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

My camera freezes, won't take a photo, then when I move the camera it takes a random shot.  I've tried waiting but it doesn't take the photo until I move the phone, which means I don't get the photo of what I want.  It's intermittent so that's frustrating because I never know when it will happen.  Do you think it's too much to ask for a $1,000 phone to take photos????  Verizon is not helpful and Samsung is even worse.  DO NOT BUY A NOTE 9, BUY AN IPHONE!

Constellation

There's another thread on this with 69 pages of complaints - I posted this there as well.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/GalaxyNote9QuestionsandAnswe...

I just talked to a supervisor at Samsung (after 3 calls and lots of frustration).  After a lot of persistence, I was able to get him to tell me that there is an update to improve "camera stability" and that it was released overseas Dec. 1.  He said there have not been complaints about the camera since the update there so he is optimistic it will fix it.  U.S. carriers haven't released the updates yet (still testing?) and he didn't know when they will.  Verizon wants to give me a refurbished phone but there's no way to know if that one will have the bug and I take care of my phone so don't want to accept a used one.  And he thinks it's a software problem not hardware.  I find it a little hard to understand why just some phones have the bug (if they all did there would be more than 68 pages of complaints and it would be in the NY Times!).  HIs answer is it could be lots of apps or malware.  I am grateful to him for giving me this information.  But, I fault Samsung for HORRIBLE customer service.   Technicians say they do not know about the problem of freezing cameras.  Worse, I was told numerous times something like:  "I can google anything and find someone with the same problem or someone who agrees with me."  I found that really insulting given the 68 pages and numerous other threads on Samsung community, article on Forbes.com, numerous Reddit posts, and multiple tech blogs!  Until I found this one person, Samsung was stonewalling and refusing to admit the problem with the Note 9 - probably worried about sales.  And I had to insist he google "note 9 camera freeze" and be really persistent before he would admit the problem.  Note to Samsung:  it is reasonable for people to want a $1000 phone to take photos!  And do not disrespect your customers when your product is faulty.