Broken S-Pen

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Broken S-Pen

Yep, same thing happened to me.  When I contacted Samsung, I was told that it is considered damage, and is not covered under warranty.  It wasn't until posting on here that someone finally helped out, in fact I just received the new one today.  While I appreciate it finally getting resolved,  I'm far from happy with the poor way that Samsung handled this.

Constellation

Same here! Whats wrong with samsung? Switched from iphone for the "quality" of its products. I was using my brand new note 9 (4 days using it) and the pen broke from the back piece. Almost getting stuck. Help!

Samsung Moderator

@userCJD5bNctEH   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model number and IMEI to this link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Mine just broke and my cellphone company said that it is not covered by warranty because it is an accesory. Then I looked on the internet and found this thread. Please if there is a way to do not start paying 50 bucks for a pen that easily broke in less than a month, I would like to know about it. I was very exited with the phone until now. 

Samsung Moderator

Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Constellation

In my case, samsung answered me and directed me to the attention center of my cell phone company where theyve follow up on my case. However I recommend you to search mobilefun, for example, I, in addition to the response from samsung I plan to buy a spare spen soon, I found them there in 32 dlls and in all colors.

Constellation

You say you are very careful to protect your phones but then you clearly describe that your wife is not careful at all by repeatedly dropping a $1000+ phone.  Which is it?  Speaking of which, you first state that you have been iPhone users and owners for 10 years.  What does that have to do with being very careful with your phones but they keep getting dropped?  Methinks you are trying to smear Samsung so you can live out your iPhone is the best fantasy but not really.  The iPhone club is very expensive with dubious claims of innovation, design (of which apple hardly designs or engineers many of the parts inside not to mention no factories but hey $1 trillion), overpriced, same launcher as original iPhone (lol, really?), bad labor oversight outside of USA, the Apple taxes you have to pay after over paying for the main product (Apple is the king of dongles) but Apple doesn't pay taxes (hmmm), imperialism (USB stands for UNIVERSAL serial bus but proprietary lightning connector, reeks of imperial measurements in a metric world), sealed batteries from day one, dubious updates with intentional throttling (lol @ we did it to help you), when the headphone jack was available it wasn't standard like the rest of the world and I could go on.  Oh you might want to ask your friends how well that sapphire camera lens is working out for them.  It scratches with a 6 on the mohs scale much like their dubious claim of strongest glass in the world which is the same as other flagship phones.  Lol @ the $5-600 for back glass replacement of newest phones but you're complaining about a thin piece of plastic with a super capacitor inside.

My first 2 iPhones were defective.  6+ bending issue because of under engineered weak chassis. The 6S+, the 2nd one had all kinds of issues from software to charging and randomly calling people.  The 7+, my 3rd iPhone has a weird issue when charging.  It randomly turns off and I have to hold power button down LONGER than 30 seconds to power back up.  It also likes to randomly call people though not as much as the 6S+ and nowhere near all the iPhone owners that butt dial me all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  Apple needs to show more care in their engineering, programming, design and human rights instead of deflecting the blame and taxing the customers when they've been had.  Far more issues than any of Samsung's flagships, aside from note7, but Apple has had way more issues from poor engineering, design and programming but the owners always have an apology for Apple no matter how unlogical the reasoning. (Goes to show how advertising really works) That's why they're charging exorbitant prices and people are still buying them.  You know it's not ease of use or high quality when iPhone X owners have to ask how much complimentary chips and salsa are at a Mexican restaurant.  True stories.  😁  It's the status of the logo.  Much like Jordan's, the exorbitant price does not make it a superior b-ball shoe because of the swoosh and Jumpman logo.  You're paying for advertising that is blatantly disrespectful to intelligent people that see the whole picture for what it is and not through Apple colored lenses. 

Anyways, good luck "being careful" with your note 9.  If you're extra careful your stylus may not break next time your wife drops it.  Again. 

Constellation

I just sent you a private message with all of this information, as I, too, have a broken s pen. Samsung needs to do something to make these pens better because it appears this is becoming a large problem!!!

Thank you for your assistance, in advance, to replacing my pen.

Cathy

Astronaut

I got my phone on 9/16 and on 9/29, the S-pen broke in my phone! The silver piece came off and teh actual pen was stuck inside of my phone.  

Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model number and IMEI to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.