Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

Cosmic Ray

Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

Shouldn't the top and bottom speakers work when we are calling someone and phone is on speaker mode? Both speakers work fine during music and video playing. Bottom speaker is fine. If I move the phone around during call, the top speaker starts working as well here and there. I have noticed this same thing in all note 9s at my local atnt store as well. My phone was ordered from Samsung. Anyone else having this issue? It looks like a software problem to me.

53 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

Just to double check, have you updated your device recently?

Cosmic Ray

I believe that's how it's supposed to work since mine only uses the bottom speaker while in speaker phone mode and both speakers while listening to music and videos 

Cosmic Ray

No, I haven't updated it. I did factory reset before transferring over my data few days ago. There are no other software updates.

Cosmic Ray

Only weird thing is then why does the top speaker start working during speaker call when I move the phone around.

Constellation

Can confirm I'm seeing this issue as well

Samsung Moderator

@user7EyWM0fB; While this appears to be a normal function of the device, I would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you. Could you please provide me with the following information. 

Full Model Code

Carrier

Baseband Version

Cosmic Ray

Model is SM-N960U, carrier is atnt, N960USQU1ARH4

Samsung Moderator

@user7EyWM0fB; Thank you for providing that information. We will continue to look into this and follow up when we have an update. 

Constellation

Same thing is happening to me on a call right this second. If this is normal for it to switch speakers on and off...that's really dumb.