Note 8 Bluetooth

Galaxy

Re: Note 8 Bluetooth

what kind of car? Did you clear out your last device from your car? Is your sysrem updated? Try clearing the bluetooth data then restart phone?
Astronaut

I just got a note 8 and it's not working with my car Bluetooth either and I I've in Cali also. did you ever get an answer how to fix?
Constellation

My bluetooth issue isn't with my car (my vehicle is way too old) , but rather pairing the phone with a PS4 game controller successfully. The controller pairs ok initially, and works fine for about 30 seconds, and then the connection starts lagging (not recognizing button presses) or over sampling (you press the button 3 or 4 times in a few seconds and it will spam like you held the button down the whole time). If you hold a button down, it will spam as well, but not recognize when you've released the button until a few seconds later.

It's not the controller, because it worked fine with both of the note 7's I had, and it still works with the LG V20 I ended up being forced to use after that debacle.

I just don't get why it would work great for the first half minute its connectef, and then go to crap. This is the only forum I've found with people discussing Note 8 Bluetooth issues, so figured I'd chime in here as well.

Constellation

I don't have issues connecting. I have issues staying connected. My Plantronics legend and my Garmin watch will randomly disconnect. The Legend while aim on a call. Then the watch disconnects soon after.

My Kenwood head unit seems to connect fine but on occasion the sound will stop even though I'm still streaming and the Kenwood still shows its connected. That could be a Kenwood issue though. Haven't had a chance to update its firmware. 

Astronaut

me too, I hope Samung is working on it.

I also have problem with Gear, the battery gets drained with 6 hours. Earlier with device note 5 it worked 2 days.

Astronaut

Hi,

Did you say to find Bluetooth app on the phone???

Astronaut

I am having the same issue.. i can't pair my Galaxy Note 8 to my Kenwood DNX570HD car sterio. Its ashame that they didn't think of the bluetooth issues when the made the phone. all things i have are backwards compadible the Note 8 should be no difference. 

Thank you for giving me your steps, i will try them when i leave work tonignt. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks again

Laurap6286

Constellation

Hi All

I can not also connect to bose QC 35 headphones Smiley Sad

Any idea?

Regards

Constellation

The issue is that Samsung has shipped a phone with a buggy Bluetooth stack. We need to make noise about this until they fix it (or lean on whoever they sourced their Bluetooth radios and firmware from to fix it). 

Please call Samsung support and make noise about this. 

Asteroid

I've been calling and will continue to do so...