Samsung S7 Oreo Upgrade on Sprint

Constellation

Samsung S7 Oreo Upgrade on Sprint

Any Idea when Samsung S7 will begin receiving the Oreo Update?   Have a Carrier locked model thru Sprint right now

Thank you all in advance

17 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung S7 Oreo Upgrade on Sprint

Hello @user2Rr7WNdQPz

Updates are ultimately pushed out by the carriers. That means we don't always have an exact time frame on when those might be sent out as every carrier has their own time schedule. Often the best option is to reach out directly to your carrier and see if they have any information they can give!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Do NOT do the update! No matter what carrier- the notifications are royally messed up and SAMSUNG is doing NOTHING to address the issues! 

(A side note: an upgrade would mean you are trying to get a new phone. An update is the upload Samsung or whatever manufacturer is loading into your phone to change things. The Oreo is an update that has messed with a lot of Samsung phones - mine is a Galaxy S8+ but others are complaining with other phones as well. ) 

Constellation

It comes out on the 25th of June

Nebula

@user2Rr7WNdQPz wrote:

Any Idea when Samsung S7 will begin receiving the Oreo Update?   Have a Carrier locked model thru Sprint right now

Thank you all in advance

Very soon your upgrade will occur. 

Samsung Moderator

I apologize, I cannot speculate on any future updates. 

Nebula

@SamsungMae wrote:

I apologize, I cannot speculate on any future updates. 

ok

Constellation

I got the update on my s7 edge on Sprint this morning, 6/18/18.

Cosmic Ray

I also got the update this morning on 6/18. The update is honestly not bad at all.

Cosmic Ray

I also got the update this morning on 6/18. The update is honestly not bad at all.