Galaxy A8 sound cuts off during charging

Constellation

Galaxy A8 sound cuts off during charging

Hello,

When in YouTube, the sound cuts off during charging of my Galaxy A8 (2018).

Anyone with the same issue willing to help?

Many thanks!!

25 REPLIES

Re: Galaxy A8 sound cuts off during charging

Hey @userdh7fdX1oGq

Thanks for reaching out. What steps have you tried so far?

Constellation

Hi!

I tried to test it with another charger as well with various contents and in other applications (Facebook, Instagram etc.) Cut off sound wouldn't reproduce.

However I noticed it happens while not on charging, at no precise moment ...

Is it a hardware or a software issue? How can I solve it? It's annoying...

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in my response. Is your Youtube app fully up to date? It does not sound like a hardware issue if it is only happening on one specific app.

Hey, @userdh7fdX1oGq do you have any updates for us?

Constellation

any update ? am facing exactly the same issue when charging and sometime when not charing. I am using the official charger ..

Constellation

This also happens to me. I just bought the device last week, and later I tried charging the device (using samsung original cable) and while charging I decided to play some music from Joox Apps. Later on, some of the music start distorted or cutted out. Like it happens when there's notifications, but there is no notif, just the sound get cutted out. It happens for a while then I decided to uninstall and re-instal the applications, but later it still happens.

Then I tried using another music player which the cutted off sound still there, sometime on random time, sometime on the same time on the same songs. But when I unplugged the charger, the cutted off sounds is less happening. It's there but unnoticeable.

Another case, all this happen while the sounds on low to medium volume settings. But I once tried using it on higher volume, the cutted off sounds is not there.

Is it a hardware issue or the software issue? What could help my situations?

@jamongroo What else have you tried to resolve this? Also, my information on the A8 is actually very limited. Have you reached out to your regional support team yet to see if they have any information for you?

Asteroid

@SamsungArthur I am not the guy you replied, but I do have the same phone with the exact same issue.

The cut off sound occurred when the phone is charging for extensive time and occurred slightly lessened after unplugging it. After around 3 to 5 hours, the issue is lessened to the point where it is not existent (meaning the speaker part works fine). The issue will occurred again after charging the phone for at least an hour. The longer the phone charges, the worse the issue. This happens both fast charge and non-fast charging. 

The issue occured in EVERY SINGLE apps and also notification sounds and ringtones (The worst ones are on Beep Once, Beep-Beep, Clue, and Ding-Dong sounds). I have booted to safe mode, to no avail. I have also tried factory reset and the issue is still there.

I did contact the support in my region but all they told me was to bring it to service center. I am not risking my phone being opened as I believe the issue is a software issue (the issue happened after the February security patch).

We are not alone. Please take a look at this page from Samsung Community@SamsungArthur because this issue also occured when we are taking a phone call on speaker phone. We think this is an important issue that needs fixing.

Funnily enough, when I tried to replicate the issue on the service mode (*#0*#), I am unable to be replicate the issue there. 

Thanks for your help.

Constellation

Actually the same happens to me also @userXY2HAjgeH3@SamsungArthur .

Seriously this is inconvenient.

I also tried to go to regional service center, yet their first sugesstion was hard reset software. The customer service said that It could be because some virus or malware. Hey, like seriously, I just bought the device last week, and I barely instal any applications beside the samsung applications basic. Yet, I did hard reset and re-install the software today.

And, the problems still happening now. But now, the problems (sounds cutted out during music or video) even happened when I played videos from Twitter.

Their second suggestion was to open up my phone, which I still don't understand how could this be an hardware issues, since the sounds or the speaker works perfectly when I'm uncharging the phone (the phone not connected to charger devices). Funnily enough, same as @userXY2HAjgeH3 when the service center tried using service mode (*#0*#), we are unable to be replicate the issue there.  

Please help.