Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

It would actually be nice to see a response from Samsung on this issue as I cannot see an actually answer posted here of the problem related to the extremely fast battery drain since my phone has been updated. 

Come on Samsung I thought better of you. 

For information I have the Samsung S7 edge and the battery is draining quicker than it used too before the latest update was installed and as soon as it gets to around 15% it depletes to 0% in seconds.

How about an update or a least the previous version sent out as an update to over ride an obvious problem with the last update that people are obviously having as this forum is showing.

Also can we see a response on this forum from Samsung concerning this matter so that posters know you are at least looking at this issue. 

Asteroid

Yes please. I had this exact problem after the update done 2 days ago! Even when plugged to my PC, the battery % would not increase but decrease even though phone is in screen locked mode. So for the past 2 days, I had to power off my phone to be able to charge, power it on to have battery totally drained in 2 hours, off to charge and the cycle repeats. So I had just powered off my phone when I went for my lunch so that it would charge and guess what it only charged 7% (from 38% to 45%) for an entire hour!

None of the suggested solutions worked for me. Eg hardly any apps running - in fact I had more apps running before the update and battery had lasted well, done "clear cache partition", device maintenance reports a 99/100 excellent score...

In addition, phone is constantly hot even when in idle locked mode, it will only cool down when I turn it off. The minute I power on the phone it starts to become hot...

This is getting very ridiculous! Can Samsung please provide a resolution soonest possible? Or like suggested, at least help us to revert to the "before update state"?

Thank you!!!

Asteroid

and I just turned on the phone and with usb cable still plugged into my PC, the power just go from 45% to 42% in seconds...
Samsung Moderator

@userxcwI0t0YFX Sure thing! What's your device's Baseband version as well so I can make sure you're device is up to date. Are you using the original charging cord and wall adapter?

@users1f1THzKdm I would be more than happy to look at this with everyone. What is your device's model number and Baseband version? Are your applications up to date as well?

@userNPcWrZDQaU I know it can be more accessible than an outlet but I normally recommend that you don't charge your device through your computer's USB port since it limits the power going to your device. I would try using the original charging cord and wall adapter in an outlet you know has a good power source and let us know if you notice any changes.

Astronaut

Why is this marked as solved and why haven't we had an official response from Samsung please? My s7 edge is having exactly the same issue as a direct result of the latest update. Samsung appear to ignoring us or blaming non existant battery faults. I'm a loyal customer having bought the s2, note 2, note 4 and s7 edge over the last few years. This is a sure way of losing loyal customers. My baseband is G935FXXU1DQIL

Astronaut

I'm having the same issue after update  i start my day at 5:30am and by 12pm im at 50% but then battery goes from 45% to 3% in 5 seconds two days in a row with battery saver on wtf? 

Asteroid

I'm hoping you'l be able to help me also! I'e been following this forum shambles for weeks and no single person has attempted to help without repetion "Delete cache, uninstall Chrome, live a life without data or any screen brightness" You name it we clearly have done it.. I'm not mad at you I'm mad at Samsung because Fact is everyone is telling you it's the update.

Your move Samsung...

S7 edge

- My baseband G935FXXU1DQIL

- No updates remain since November's one breaking it.

- Phone is 6 months old

- Android 7.0

- Battery usage estimate since update is **bleep**ed. It said 1 hour remained on 8% fair to say within 20 minutes it died... 

- I have deleted all my Cache, drained the phone and fully charged it with the official cable and fast charge brick.

- Factory reset with the bare minimum with poi ut chrome still same issue since update. Not too sure what more info you need. The battery usage estimates aren't giving much away other than Android OS is top and Screen is second but again when in standby I barely get 10 hours.

Please assis our queries this forum post has been going on way too long... all in favour say I!

Asteroid

The point is not whether I am charging from an outlet or via USB to PC, original or non orginal charger. The point was I had not needed to do so before update, unless I forgot to charge it before I go to work because a full charge could well last me the entire day of use. And before the update, on occassions when I had to charge using USB via PC, it worked was able to charge well. And I had full charge this morning, now it's already down to 83% and still dropping while I had it idle most time. In fact, whenever I do minimal fb browse or read emails, I can see the battery % decrementing in front of my eyes.

Also before update, my phone only got hot when I on a call for a while. Now it gets hot whenver I use any app (eg simple browse thru FB, or read mails).

My model is SM-G935FD

Android version 7.0

Baseband version G935FXXU1DQJ1

Android security patch level 1 Oct 2017

And all my apps are up to date.

Thank you.

Asteroid

Well said, we are victim of this exact update... so what is Samsung going to do about it?

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Bad-news-10-worse-battery-life-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-and-S7-Edge-afte...
Asteroid

This is ridicules,  i just switched over from HTC to the brand new Samsung s7 edge just last month (oct).    After the latest update my phone too went from lasting 2-3 days to not even getting through 1 day.  wtf?  I think i may need to go back to the HTC phones.