Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

Hi

Mr Samsung

I have the same problem with battery in my SAMSUNG S7 EDGE after last update !!!

My phone keeps dying!!!!!

Im using this phone for my work.

I can loose my customers because of this

.FIX IT NOW !!!!!!SAMSUNG 

Not applicable

Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

Totally Disgusting Battery has to be charged 3 times a day and in roaming has to move with power backup and service center says the battery is ok of your phone but the update sucks
Asteroid

Good for you Mr. expert.  But that does not help the rest of us.  you need to just go away!

Cosmic Ray

Sorry i cant speak for all of us but personally me and my partner have uninstalled Chrome. Started using your Samsung "internet" As a default, factory reset, clear cache or whatever...

So Mr expect I am now directing this to Samsung. Please sort out your update which has caused the large majorities of these people's S7 to die very quickly.. I bought this phone for long battery, 6 months old still serves me well. Update comes out boom £600 phone turns into a £50 brick... 

I get that this may be a ploy or marketing idea to push us to s8 but if this continues then clearly I won't want a s8 as I will be forced to get the S9 with another device breaking update.

Now I suggest you stop telling us things we have already tried including removing poxy chrome and suggest something useul such as a escalation note to your manager. Thank you

Constellation

Sad, after reading all the comments for help and no official SS response.   Going down.  

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Expert...

I'm sorry but need I write a whole list of what I have tried to do to fix my fully functioning phone before the update?I have given you a short form of what I've tried, fair to say I have done all of the above and more.

I found this forum as I was looking for advice and support from Samsung. So far I have found someone named Expert who likes to repeat what they say, think they know it all and get absolutely nothing done. That being said since you've started talking have you once fixed any of our queries for the past 4 weeks this post has been going on? I've had more support from users above than anything you've said.

The most helpful thing you've just said is "a step to make Samsung attention from their side they don't expect" Its not the best wording but understandable. So with that being said what are you as an 'expert' going to do to make Samsung aware of this? or am I right in thinking that you don't work for Samsung and that you're just one of us managing a forum... No disrespect Expert but you've said it yourself I'm not the only one getting this issue nor is it just the S7 so why has it been a month of reports on this forum alone for nothing to be done and being underminded by someone who talks on behalf of Samsung.

SAMSUNG USER:

The only thing I have found a little bit useful is paying for an app called BK disabler (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler)

NO ROOT REQUIRED
 It allows you to disable bloatware that you may not use. I recommend you stick to that an installed. Touching system may make your phone crash. If anyone's interested I'll give my list of disabled bloatware you probably didn't even know you had. PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY ALLOWED ME TO SAVE 10% MORE BATTERY THAN NORMAL. So rather than losing 7% an hour on standby it's gone down to about 4 -5 %. I can't guarantee this for you but if it helps good luckSmiley Happy

Finally 'Expert' Samsung users shouldn't have to go out of their own way buying apps when it worked before hand. So if you want to buy me a new phone feel free if not, please sort this out.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Expert

I have taken the time and effort to write out a complete list that I have tried (May have missed a few things) as requested by Samsung on Twitter seeing as the forum has been next to no help.

Feel free to have a good read and escalate to any mangment you have on this forum.

Thanks

Attachments

Constellation

I updated 3days ago and battery drain started same day. 

Before update, overnight it used only about 20% of bettery but now 80%.

I followed every solution you suggested here but nothing changed.

Please let me know the solution asap.

Thanks. 

Constellation

same here on my s6 Edge. exact same! any answers?
Asteroid

I think I might have found the culprits. It's the Samsung apps. Or at the very least SHealth and Samsung+.  I opened SHealth and was asked to accept some permissions. As soon as I did, battery drain increased.  So I un-did the permissions, and it got better. So I went to sign in here to report it, and chose to use the Samsung+ as defAult. Instantly my battery plummeted 2% in less than a minute.  So I closed it and returned here.  Battery drain improved.  Over the past hour  (including time spent fiddling with those apps), my phone battery lost  12%, all active usage. For me that is a massive improvement. I'm going to disable Samsung+ for good measure... and also because it's bloatware.