Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Asteroid

Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

So I picked up my Galaxy s8 and everything seems to be working well except the phone keeps restarting itself. I have had it for about 10 hours now and it has already restarted 7 times while I was using it. It happens when I'm using an app like the camera or Samsung Themes and it doesn't matter if the phone is charging or not. All of a sudden the app freezes, the screen shuts off, and a few seconds later it restarts. Is anyone having the same problem or know of any solutions? If not, I will be going back to Sprint tomorrow. 

723 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

I keep having the same problem. But when mine restarts all me apps keep rearranging. Do yours rearrang as well?
Asteroid

I have the same issue here.  I ordered the Galaxy S8+ thru Samsung.com, and I got the phone and the VR Gear on the 20th of April (Thursday).  At the first hour ( around 7 pm on April 20th), I saw it self-reboot one time, that time I didn't think it was an issue, and it happened 2 times later that night like 11pm, I still didn't think it is an issue.  Until at around 10 am the next day, which is April 21, the S8+ start unlimited sel-rebooting loop, so I need to hard reset the S8+ to the factory setting like 7-8 times, and the problem is still not fixed.  So I called Samsung at about 5pm on Friday, the day they officially launches the S8+, and they recommended to replace the device.  However, I still have the phone now, it still keep sel-rebooting unlimitedly.  Right now, I just power it off and will call Samsung again tomorrow.  Yes, the phone is very nice and beautiful, but if it is self-rebooting unexpectedly and infinitely looping, it still doesn't mean anything.

Asteroid

PS. Even I didn't open any app or not using any app, the S8+ phone is just continuously self-rebooting, I have taken videos on the phones behaviors, I can provide the videos if Samsung want to see how the phone behaves during the unexpected self-rebooting.
Constellation

Mine also keeps restarting. It's starting to be a real pain. 

I'm hoping it's just updates and not a more serious problem.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

My S8+ is doing the same thing. It randomly restarts and then the SD card keeps popping up asking me to transfer files. But I don't want to transfer anything it's getting really frustrating. I have had the phone for less than 24hrs

Attachments

Constellation

I am having the same issue with my s8. My phone keeps showing an unlock screen symbol on a black screen every time it restarts. It restarts every 30 minutes and is a true pain.

Asteroid

No, all my apps seem to stay in the same place, fortunately. 

Asteroid

There was an update yesterday. Even after the update I still had the same issue. We probably need replacements. 

Asteroid

My S8+ is also rebooting. I've had mine since Thursday.  Its done it at least a dozen times that I'm aware of, usually when I'm not using it. Apps have rearranged themselves a few times also. 

I've also had problems with my apps that I've sent to my sd card showing up as the gray android icon.  This has happened even after using some of these apps that were showing up just fine. So far it's been a nuisance, but I'm getting concerned about it. I don't want to have to get a new one.