Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Sir i understand that this may not represent a solution to you but imo a solution to me is stopping an issue from happening, while retaining full functionality of my device. 

I do apologize that my resourceful  effort shared does not meet your criteria. ... actually I do not so move on and keep on rebooting until you get the fix you desire.

Asteroid

It's not just keep rebooting itself now, when my phone was hard reset again just now, the S8+ is booting up into the welcome screen, as soon as i tap on START, it got frozen and self rebooted again; there was couple times I was able go couple steps down the road like enter my wifi password, enter the google email, and that's how far it can go.  It cannot let me finish the setup all the way thru.  As this moment, the phone is keep rebooting next to me on the table.  Even though I will return this phone to Samsung when I receive the shipping lables some day next week, I want to keep playing with the S8+ and tell everybody here how my S8+ is doing.  I have seen some people here mentioning about some solutions, it might work for some people, but definitely not for my case because my phone now is technically back to the factory default setting, no new apps or what so ever is on the phone yet.  Also, for a new phone, anything like this, I will say there are defects on the product or at least there is (are) defect(s) on the S8+ I have at this moment.  By the way, it is still self rebooting now....still doing it.

Asteroid

Add one more to the list.  This is clearly a bug in the phone.  Too many are having the same problem.  It will be a matter of time that this problem will grow, like the note battery.  Very frustrating.  These restart cycles I feel are detrimental to my new very expensive phone.  I expect a brand new phone replacement and not a fix.  I have to keep it off a night, I am worried about countless cycles and what might happen while I am away from it.

let me know when Samsung owns up to this new problem.  I feel like this needs to be published more broadly so other know it is a larger problem.

Constellation

UPDATE: I went to Sprint and they gave me a new s8. I am still having the same problem and I didn't install any apps that did not come originally on the phone.

Constellation

2 items came up:

- i merely moved back 3 apps from my SD card to the phone's internal memory last night. I only moved 3 apps to the SD card a couple of days ago. Note please that I left my photo files on the SD card. 

- despite the numerous self reboots yesterday, if you go to the upper right gear menu, about the phone, I see that my phone has been running for 57+ hours! That's not possible! The phone self rebooted several times yesterday alone, and that's less than 24 hours ago.

Wander how that hour counter up time indicator works? 

Cosmic Ray

Very strange:  last night, i posted right here on this thread a long post with details about my SD card choice - a Samsung Micro SD card purchased directly from Samsung dot com.   Now, it's gone!  Would Samsung employees or  monitors remove posts?!?

I purchased from Samsung dot com the following 2017 NEW 128GB Micro SD Card:

Micro SD EVO Plus Memory Card 2/Adapter 128GB  (2017 Model)

MB-MC128GA/AM
(note please that I purchased it directly from Samsung dot com)

kindly please note that it is NOT  the following very similar sounding (actually oddly and confusingly similar sounding) 128GB "EVO+" card:

Micro SD  EVO+ Memory Card w/Adapter 128GB
MB-MC128DA/AM

this is about as legit as one can possibly get:  the newest, fastest available on Samsung dot com memory card.

Guess what?  It's giving me issues?!?
Constellation

I've had the same problem with mine (AT&T) and strangely, every time it happens,  the audio from the headphone jack turns to static upon reboot.  Has anyone else had a problem with headphone jack audio after this happens?

I also did the Samsung file transfer from a Note 4.

Little frustrating coming from a flagship phone that cost this much money.

Astronaut

I'm having a similar issue with the s8plus. However mine's gets laggy and last time it rebooted it reset some of the things including my wallpaper and clock. I've had bixby app shutdown.  And a uiapp  stop constantly 

Constellation

Ok, so I got my S8 on Friday and yes it does keeping booting itself. Honestly sitting at work and it's just sitting idly on my desk and it's happened twice (that I've noticed). I have no apps on my sd card and all my accounts are all synced.

After the boot my phone recovers but wi-fi calling is turned on (very annoying if I forget to turn it off and make a call). I also have to pair my Bluetooth in the car each time the phone reboots. The Samsung sd 32 is only $16 on Amazon, I’m going to swap out my San Disk and see if anything changes. If that doesn't help I'll have to back to T-Mobile and start over with a new phone.

Ridiculous for the amount of money we've spent, I'm very disappointed.

Asteroid

I don't even have an sd card and it's happening frequently