Cannot connect to chromecast

SOLVED
Asteroid

Cannot connect to chromecast

My phone (s9+) cannot see my chromecast devices (chromecast and chromecast audio) on my home network. It's not a chromecast issue, because they are viable on all the other devices in my house. I can work around it by going in the settings and running an optimization, but I have to do that every time I want to cast. Does anyone have a more permanent fix? 

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author evelbug
Saturday

Re: Cannot connect to chromecast

My phone got an OTA update last night, and chromecast appears to be working right now. I want to give it 24 hours before I call it good, but I'm hopefully optimistic.
20 REPLIES
Asteroid

I am having the exact same problem. Anyone have a solution or do I just have a bad S9+ and need to trade it in?

Astronaut

Also having the same problem unaware of any fix!

Samsung Moderator

Has anyone tried to reset their network settings? Let us know if that helps.

Asteroid

What do you mean be reseting network settings?

Samsung Moderator

You can reset your network settings by going to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will start you out with a clean slate for your networking and usually resolves issues like this.

Asteroid

This did not fix it.  Once I set up my internet again, chromecast worked for a little while (same as if I went into the settings and ran optomize or rebooted the phone) but it was not working today.  And because of doing this, my gear is not working right, so I'm going to have to reset that now.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I have done that, a complete factory data reset, and even had them swap out my S9+ for a brand new one. The problem still exists! I also have a GS6 edge and a GS8+ that handle chromecast just fine. So, it's the phone! How can you make an android phone that doesn't recognize chromecast? It also won't connect to my Sony Bravia Android 4K TV! (Which is basically a fancy Chromecast) Please fix it!

Nebula

@evelbug

After reading your post I started writing a reply on how you could try getting Bixby to connect, but before putting my foot in my mouth I thought I try it out and found I could not longer connect to my chromecast plugged into the LG TV using Bixby, smart view or the Google play service via google home.

Apparently google has changed the way google play service connects and this has stopped smart view and Bixby from working.

After going through a set up in the new version of google play service in google home and renaming the connect (my to"living room") it works agian, bixby and smart view too. WT_F google?

Asteroid

To me, it seems like a software problem on samsung's side of things.  It seems like it is an issue with power saving or putting programs or services to sleep.  Once I can "wake up" chromecast, it will be fine for a while.