Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thread

Cosmic Ray

Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thread

[ Edited ]

The Samsung Messaging has been EXTREMILY BUGGY with RCS / Advanced Messaging on T-Mobile ever since purchase:

1. Scheduled Messages are sent prematurely
2. Scheduled text Messages end up in WRONG threads
3. Messaging incorrectly displays scheduled messages as "sent" when, in fact, the other party has not received them.
4. Duplicate messages sent.
5. Images over 3gb only go about 50% of the time.

All of these errors are new since RCS Messaging was enabled and occurs with the SCHEDULED TEXT feature.

Troubleshooting steps attempted:
1. Run Device Maintenance from Settings
2. Cleared Cache from recovery
3. Cleared Samsung Messages Cache
4. Cleared Samsung Messages Data
5. Deleted ALL MESSAGES
6. Uninstalled Samsung Messages from ADB / USB Debug
7. Reinstalled the latest Samsung Messages apk(Version 5.0.21.18)
8. Just installed the 3rd OTA update since purchase and the buggs are still there.

My device info:
SM-G965U
G965USQS2ARF4 (now ARF7)
T-Mobile

105 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong ...

Have you tried clearing your cache partition? 

Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

Sure did as I mentioned in "troubleshooting, step 2"

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

If the issue is just occurring with the scheduled messages, I would go into your date and time settings if it is not set to Auto I would set it to Auto. If it is set to Auto, I would set it Manually, then Manually input the date and time, and then set it back to Auto.

Cosmic Ray

Tried that already. At least 5 times.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Samsung Moderator

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and the issue didn't start until the latest update from your carrier, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier at this point.  

Cosmic Ray

I should clarify that the issue was present ever since purchasing the S9+ on 5/23. I have downloaded 2 software updates since then.

I can tie it to the introduction of RCS / advanced messaging however since:

*It did not happen on my S7 edge.
*RCS messages do not show up in third party messaging programs like Textra and those are the messages affected.
*It does not happen with 3rd party messaging apps like Textra.

Thanks
Mike
Samsung Moderator

Gotcha. I would recommend having a service tech take a look at the device. 

Cosmic Ray

1. I would rather avoid a factory reset
2. I am fairly convinced it is software related
3. The issue does not occur with other Texting apps that do not support RCS.

I really doubt a service tech would be of help as I am fairly certain it is a sofware bug.  (probably in the RCS implementation)

I can either:

1. Avoid scheduling messages
2. Use a third party Texting app

However, I do like the RCS features and I do not want to miss out on things like typing indicators, read receipts, better MMS etc.

My purpose in reporting this was to look for troubleshooting steps I can try myself and to report a bug so that hopefully it can be fixed.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator

I completely understand.