Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thread

Comet

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

Uh oh, 

Off I go, thank you never expected that. 

CLF 

Comet

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

Hey,

They have updated the default version from 5-0-11-21 to 5-0-31-36. I uninstalled 5-0-22-1 for testing. This is the first default version that has the option to set custom notification tones within individual conversations. They have eliminated the issue with scheduleed messages turning orange and marked as failed to send when I restarted or powered off the phone. I'm going to stay with this version for now. 

Cosmic Ray

Hmmm, thats odd, mine stayed on 5.0.22.1.  I am on firmware ARG8 and I can't find 5.0.31.36 anywhere.  The latest I see in Aptoide and apkmirror is 5.0.25.23 and it doesn't install.

Comet

Apologies, 

Sometimes I write before I think. I had version 5-0-22-1 installed. This version was downloaded from apkmirror and I manually installed it. 

I wanted see if Samsung had updated the default pre-installed system version of the Samsung messages app. The last system update installed version 5-0-11-21. Today's update installed version 5-0-21-36. The only way to know if they have updated the factory version is to uninstall the the version from apkmirror. I did this because I wanted to see the default factory version update included any bug fixes. And it did fix an issue I had with scheduled messages.

I can always reinstall the the one from apkmirror if I need to. They just quietly put it in with the security patch updates and never mention it. 

Cosmic Ray

Well that is my problem.  I just installed the latest ARG8 updated from T-Mobile but my Samsung Messages version is still 5.022.1.  I can't find 5.0.21.36 anywhere.

The latest on APKmirror and Aptoide is 5.0.25.23 and it doesn't install anyway.

Does your firmware build number end in ARG8?

Comet

Yes we're running the same build number ARG8.

If you want to see if the latest system update to ARG8 included an updated version of the pre-installed Samsung messages app then you have to go into settings /apps /and select the Samsung messages app /tap the more icon upper right corner and select uninstall updates. This will uninstall the version 5-0-22-1 that you downloaded and installed from apkmirror.

Keep in mind that that you have the galaxy GS9+ and your factory default version update may not be identical to the one on my GS9.

The new pre-installed version on my phone now has all the options and capabilities that the apkmirror version had so I'm not going to reinstall it.