Sound/Audio cuts off. Galaxy S8

Constellation

Re: Sound/Audio cuts off. Galaxy S8

guys sorry to inform that it is most probably a hardware issue since only few customers including me are facing this. If it was a software issue then more customers will come up with similar complaints. Bad luck we may all got the same batch of faulty phones.
The reason why i am saying is that i started the device in safe mode and the issue is still there. By tapping right above the speaker clears the issue and same vice versa while playing if tap above the speaker the sound again cuts off meaning to say IT'S AN HARDWARE RELATED THING
Constellation

I'm afraid I have to agree with the above post.

If we are all having a phone from a poor batch, it would be interesting to see if we have the same colour?

It does seem to affect some S8 and S8+ users though.

Mine is Orchid Gray S8.

I did test yesterday if my book case incl magnet is responsible. In fact when I removed my case the problem did not occur for several hours....but in the end the problem came back with bare phone as well Smiley Sad

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

This worked for me on my S8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-BBD813Y0&feature=youtu.be 

Hopefully it help some of you aswell! FOund this on another site

We had an issue where one of our test device's audio would randomly cut out. We found that it was easy to solve, and might help some of our viewers having the same issue. If you're trying to watch this on your phone while the sound isn't working, turn on closed captions!
Constellation

Thanks user userPxFV3RHTfP

Looks promising and I am testing right now. Up till now it seems to work indeed but it's only been an hour or so.

That would mean it's a software related issue after all....

Constellation

I hope it is the solution but I doubt it is. Coz then how is it that tapping it on the palm fixing it. Clearly thats actioning a hardware responce. My question is why isnt Samsung commenting on this

Constellation

Small update once again, after doing what's stated above in the YouTube video my speaker is still working fine now. Hope it stays that way.

In the meanwhile I have received another tip where you can test the speaker and several other things in a safe menu:

Call to *#0*#

This will bring you a block menu for testing purposes.

Constellation

userUX65KIldmB wrote:

I hope it is the solution but I doubt it is. Coz then how is it that tapping it on the palm fixing it. Clearly thats actioning a hardware responce. My question is why isnt Samsung commenting on this

i tried that "solution" a few days back

did nothing....problem came back shortly thereafter

Constellation

userC0rIVZwBLD wrote:
guys sorry to inform that it is most probably a hardware issue since only few customers including me are facing this. If it was a software issue then more customers will come up with similar complaints. Bad luck we may all got the same batch of faulty phones.
The reason why i am saying is that i started the device in safe mode and the issue is still there. By tapping right above the speaker clears the issue and same vice versa while playing if tap above the speaker the sound again cuts off meaning to say IT'S AN HARDWARE RELATED THING

I put the phone in safe mode yesterday and tested the speaker.....problem happened right away

I even wiped the partition cache, and still am having the issue

I was in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Twitter private message with Samsung last night and they took me through a bunch of steps.....doesn't help.

Constellation

Here is the first part of a conversation I had with Samsung Support yesterday (click to enlarge)

20170509_164034.jpg

After that they asked me to wipe the cache partition, which I did....then they asked me to do a full factory reset after creating a backup.

Constellation

Same problem with my phone. Started a couple of days ago having had the phone a couple of weeks.

Fix it Samsung!