Note 8 Freezing and unresponsive

Re: Note 8 Freezing and unresponsive

[ Edited ]

Is there anyone who is experiencing these weird freeze issues living near Upstate South Carolina? I ask this because I haven't had a single problem with mine since I got it October 3rd. 

Maybe if I can find someone nearby we can compare settings and do some tests to see if we can track this issue down. 

Or if nobody is nearby we could text and see how that works. You can contact me with a Private Message by clicking on my Name and scrolling down to Send Private Message then I will add your number for Texting. I am Deaf so I have to use texts as I can't hear on the phone.

Astronaut

SM-N950F/DS

N950FXXU1AQHB

From Singapore

Constellation

When my Note 8 was in transit to my home I knew all this issues. When it arrived on my desk I didn't open it and instantly send it back for a complete refund. I want a phone in first, not a brick. When and if Samsung will sort out this bug I will think to buy it again. Why Samsung phones are so plenty of bugs, with unuseful and ram/battery killing apps? And why Samsung need to create his own android system (that collides w/ android native)?
Constellation

It gets worse.... It freezes everywhere.  Before it was freeze about 5-8 seconds.  Now mine freezes around 10-12sec.  most annoying this IN THE WORLD.  and Sad.  Damnit i was hopeing for a near flawless non exploding phone this time,

Constellation

Hey Samsung,

As you said in your live event, you care a lot about your users and especially the Note users. Guess what? 

IT SEEMS THAT YOU TOTALLY IGNORE US! 

Any plan to tell us something? Just to keep us, the 1.000$-idiots-with-their-useless-devices updated. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey folks,

I've been reaching out to everyone that has posted here saying they are experiencing this problem. Any of the information I'm asking for is being sent up to be looked at. It appears that it's just one current version that is having this problem and that it's fixed in the next update, we're just waiting to see that sent out by carriers and such.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Have same issues for the past 2 months, at least 5 times already. It happens when I'm using apps whether it's playing games, camera, transit app, etc.  It's frustrating to know big companies & franchise companies come out with products and its features without QA'ing them in controlled environments where they will roll out the products.  i.e. US - main/big cities where it's dense and compact environment vs. Australia - wide open areas.  Is it quantity over quality now just to see who is the top grossing at the end of the quarterly and yearly financial reports?  I understand the it could be an apps issue, but this is a $1k phone that I'm spending on and with the technology as advanced as it is in a company that is the top amongst the few competitors now, it can't handle the processes with any apps?

Model:

SM-N950U

H/W rev1.0

S/W N950USQU1AQH7

Samsung Moderator

We are aware of a limited number of reports about Note8 devices experiencing an issue with some of their applications. Any consumer who experiences this issue should update their apps in the Samsung Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store.
(Open Galaxy app → Go to → Navigate to Update, then touch the Update icon next to Customization Service  → The updated version should be greater than 1.6.04.0.) 
Any consumers with questions should contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG so that we can help them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I've been experiencing a freezing issue as well.  However, it only happens after I install Pokemon Go.  Everything appears to be fine for a couple hours and then the phone freezes entirely.  It doesn't matter what app I have running at the time, it will completely freeze up and will only behave as expected after a hard reset.  It then freezes again a little later.  If I uninstall Pokemon Go, no more freezes.  I've gone a couple weeks without any freezes since uninstalling the Pokemon Go app.

I've tried installing the app 3 times since the first freeze issue and it's the same experience every time.  The phone is fine for a few hours, freezes, I do a hard reboot, uninstall Pokemon Go, then the phone is fine again until I reinstall Pokemon Go at a later date and then the same cycle again.

Model:

SM-N950U

H/W rev1.0

S/W N950USQU1AQI5

Constellation

Brian, can you tell me please which browser is managing your phone?