Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

My note 8 wll not connect to my trucks Bluetooth. Is there a patch coming for older versions of Bluetooth?
66 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 not working with some Bluetooth products.

Hello @userFcL1n3DomY

Often times in cases like these, it's actually the vehicle's Bluetooth that needs to be update to the newer version. I would advise reaching out to your truck manufacture to see if an update is coming for that.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hey there Samsung,  thanks for the reply.  Seems to me that alot of people are having this issue. But, in most threads you'll notice two things. 1. That all phones before the 8 series are working fine and 2 it seems to be affecting most older cars.  This leads me to believe that there is something in your new bluetooth technology that may not be backwards compatable with older versions of bluetooth.  I would seem a bit strange that all of us should need to find a way to contact our car manufacturers and ask them to update their stereos.  Imagine if your DVD player didn't play on older tv's.  Would you off the same advice.  Please have your company cosider doing the right thing and stand behind this 1000 dollar flagship phone and make it so that it can be used properly by the large audience you sought to seel it to.  

Please.  We did our job.  We reached in our pockets and shelled out enought money to buy a washer and dryer on our phones, but we can't use it to play music in our cars.  I've gone back to using my note 4 because its safer for driving (not plugging and unplugging in wires at 70 MPH is nuts) 

2013 optima.  No Car audio.

Cosmic Ray

userFcL1n3DomY wrote:
My note 8 wll not connect to my trucks Bluetooth. Is there a patch coming for older versions of Bluetooth?

Hmm, I'm not having this issue with my car, connects fine- 2016 Sonata Hybrid. I need to try to connect my other stuff (smartwatches, wireless headphones) to see if there is an issue. Are you having trouble connected through Bluetooth to any other item?

Samsung Moderator

@user6FefcpNx24

You're right in one way, it is the newer models of phones, the S8, S8+ and the Note 8. This is because they all use Bluetooth 5, when phone models before that used an older Bluetooth. That's why I mentioned that the car needs the update, to be compatible with the newest Bluetooth 5. That's also why @Wicked68 isn't seeing the same problem with their car since it's a 2016 car and probably got the update for the Bluetooth 5.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I don't believe it is the vehichle, I am having trouble with mutiple blue tooth devices saying they are "paired" but don't connect.  My vehichle did it the other day, then today it worked.  My fitbit app didn't work yesterday.  After re  paring the Charge 2, turning my phone off and restarting, magically it started syncing with the app.  Today, it is not syncing again.  So, I uninstalled the Fitbit app, re loaded it and still nothing.  I have looked through the Note 8 and turned everything possible on, no luck.  

After reading other comments, I belive the Note 8 has a bug in it for connecting to bluetooth.  Very disappointing given the amount of $$ it costs.  

Constellation

Mine phone won't even find my Samsungs level up head phones 

Constellation

I'm having the same issue and my car is a Honda CRV 2017 touring thus newer model and the phone isn't working and pairing on a bunch on my devices isn't working properly either. I have been a note fan for a long time and traded my pixel xl to samung for this. I hope there is another solution. 

Astronaut

If anyone on this forum can connect to their vehicle bluetooth device, but find that their voice to text no longer works, I found the trick is to turn off your wifi.

I don't know why Samsung would've set their systems up that way, but after frustratingly yelling at my phone to try to get it to recognize my voice while driving, for safety, it didn't even register. 

Once wifi was off, it worked perfectly fine. 

Unfortunately it's a flaw with their programming, but that seems to be the workaround for that issue specifically.

Astronaut

I am having the exact same problem with my Note 8 in the last week or so. My Microsoft Band 2 watch is "paired" supposedly, but totally unresponsive and my health app "can't find" it despite being paired. It worked fine for about a month though.

I am also having trouble with my Jabra Freeway, which automatically connects by Bluetooth when I get in the car. After I get out, I always have to restart the phone to get the volume levels to come back up.

Did some new Note 8 update start causing problems?

Thank you.