Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

SOLVED
Constellation

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs has been released.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-smart-tvs-youtube-tv-app/

This states it is for 2016, 2017 models.  Is Samsung going to release app for earlier TVs?  I purchased my TV in 2016.  Could not upgrade to app.  Turns out my model UN32J5205AFXZA was apparently made in 2015.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by Samsung Team (Community Manager)
‎11-05-2018 07:47 AM

Re: Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

Sadly as previously mentioned we can't speculate. Literally we won't know about it until you do as silly as that sounds. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

34 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Regrettably we cannot speculate on this information. 

Astronaut

Any date for the Youtube TV app to be released for Samsung Smart TV 2015 models?

Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by Samsung Team (Community Manager)
‎11-05-2018 07:47 AM

Sadly as previously mentioned we can't speculate. Literally we won't know about it until you do as silly as that sounds. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I have a Samsung un55js8500 TV bought in 2015. I recently bought YouTube TV. This app is still not available on my smart TV. It is very inconvenient to have to play content on my phone, cast it to my TV, and have to keep my phone on in order to watch TV. Any updates on when this will be ready?

Constellation

Constellation

I have the same issue. My samsung  tv was made in 2015 and the app is still not avalaible.

Plz help!!!

Astronaut

I cannot find the app on my tv.... un55ju640d.  And, I cannot figure out how to update the firmware.  I believe I’ve had the tv for three years.... too old for the app?  Thoughts?

Samsung Moderator

userkwDQfHjN7a, please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. 

Constellation

My software version is: 

T-N14MJAUSS-1002

Any idea if I can download a YouTube TV app?