Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

SOLVED
Asteroid

Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

[ Edited ]

My Family Hub fridge just updated to TIZEN 3.0.  Unfortunately the ONE OPTION we liked (and the main reason we bought this appliance) has just been removed.  We no longer can have our photos displayed as a rotating screensaver.  I veritied with Samsung support this morning that the feature has been removed as part of the software update.  And I'm extremely disappointed.  It feels like a bait & switch.  Please, please, please bring back this feature!  I I don't want to wait months for the next update.  If that's the case, then we'd rather just return the refrigerator.  Everything else is just so-so.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author usernZG7znrx76
‎06-11-2018 10:14 AM

Re: Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

[ Edited ]

Okay, I just tried it again.  It worked!!!  Hurray!  I'm so glad.  This has taken SO long!  Apparently Samsung's latest update reinstalled the slide-show screensaver option.   

Also, I had to re-load the photos onto the USB device.  Then I had to go to Display, then Screen Saver, then Theme, then Photo Slide Show and then Change Albums (to make sure I was accessing the photos).  I hope this makes sense.  Thanks to everyone's support, this issue is now solved!

BTW, one added feature from the update is very nice.  Now we can open the door and the screensaver keeps going.  We love that.  Previously, the slideshow would stop and then have to restart.

114 REPLIES
Asteroid

Well we can add a few more to that list. Bluetooth will no longer turn on or scans. The Ring App closes immediately after sign in. The touchscreen response now is horrible. It's very difficult to slide between pages and to swap apps from one page to another.  On the positive side, I was able to mirror my mobile to the refrigerator. I haven't tested all of it so unfortunately I'm sure I'll find more issues.

Constellation

Just noticed the same thing  That was literally the best part of the refrigerator. Pretty silly to remove that since it's a pretty basic option that doesn't take much to keep in an update.   Also, not sure if you've had the pleasure of dealing with Samsung customer service but they're awful and extremely unlikely to help. My family hub that was less than a year old stopped working (compressor blew out, apparently a common problem with these refrigerators based upon my research) and it took them almost a month to replace it.  A month without a working refrigerator! Wish I had just accepted the refund rather than done the exchange now since my favorite feature is gone.

Unlikely to ever buy a Samsuck product again. 

Constellation

Slideshow screen saver was the highlight of our kitchen! Now we can get one photo. What a step backwards! There are some nice clock faces and the weather one is pretty nice but why take away a slideshow option? Please bring it back.

Astronaut

I agree, please bring it back it was the BEST part of the fridge and the sole feature that sold us on buying fridge.  

Bring back slideshow screensaver samsung..

Constellation

100% Agree!  Which Marketing/Engineering wizard at Samsung thought this would be a good idea?  Absolutely void of any consumer experience knowledge.  Photo slideshow screensaver playing in your customers kitchen while they are cooking or eating is not important? Seriously?  A marketing student in middle school understands this but the value stream mapping genius at Samsung figured nobody would notice. 

Oh oh but I can still get a pointless news briefing from NPR but I cannot look at pictures of the people I love but don’t get to see that often.

I would rather Duct tape my APPLE iPad to an LG  Fridge than have this unit in my house.

Now it’s off to the store for new TV and Fridge. Hard to care about a company that doesn’t put the consumer experience first.  

That was the single most important feature other than the cooling unit.  

Seriously people.  Think!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I agree 100 percent! The best feature was the random photo slideshow screensaver that would just come on by itself. Please bring it back in the next update. You can now initiate a photo slideshow but it’s not random and it was so much better used as a screensaver. It was enjoyable to watch the slideshow while cleaning up or washing dishes with music. My whole family is missing it. 

Asteroid

I’m really missing the photo slideshow as well. Truly a huge disappointment. Glad to find this post because I spent a couple hours last night trying to figure out how to turn it on and Samsung in-line help desk suggested turning fridge on and off again. - they must not have known about update. 😞

Constellation

Yup, same here. It was the selling feature that pushed us to buy this refrigerator. Now it's gone. I feel like I've been scammed. Will samsung now refund us a portion of the fridge or send us a digital photo frame to compensate for this?!?!
Astronaut

really? i spent hours trying to figure out how to get my slideshow back on. I loved that feature too. Smiley Sad please bring it back.