Smart Home App on IOS iPhone X

Constellation

Smart Home App on IOS iPhone X

So the Smart Home app was working fine on my iPhone 7+ Connected to my cooktop. I now have an iPhone X and the Smart Home app cannot connect to the server. I assume this is the Samsung server. I enter my username and password, it then goes off to connect and comes back saying the mobile device and the server cannot connect. It still works fine on my wife’s iPhone 7. Any help would be appreciated. Tried de installing and reinstalling the app, no help. 

22 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart Home App on IOS iPhone X

Have you tried forgetting the network settings on your phone? 

Constellation

I did. I did a reset all network settings. I still cannot connect to the Samsung server. I can see the cooktop on Wi-Fi fine. Just can’t get sonnect d to the Samsung cloud server. Works fine on my wife’s iPhone 7. Does not work on the iPhone X. 

Samsung Moderator

Are the phones running different OS versions? We currently do have this issue escalated to our Product Support team. 

Constellation

Yes they are. The iPhone X is on IOS 11.2. The iPhone 7 is on IOS 11.1.2

Samsung Moderator

Thanks, we will forward this information accordingly. Regrettably, there is no fix yet but we are aware and working on it. 

Constellation

I appreciate the concern and passing the issue along. If I am having this problem on my advanced version of IOS, it will hit millions fairly soon when it is released to the general public. 

Constellation

I appreciate the concern and passing the issue along. If I am having this problem on my advanced version of IOS, it will hit millions fairly soon when it is released to the general public.
Astronaut

BOnjour,

J'ai le meme dysfonctionnement avec ios 11.2 et iphone 7. Merci de trouver une solution rapide.

Sébastien.

Samsung Moderator

userjMpMLPhCzF - If the device(s) were purchased outside of the US then the mods here will not be of much help. (Not that our escalation seems to be helping much right now anyways -.-) If it is a European unit I recommend cross posting to our European forum here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.