Galaxy Tab A 10.1 will not fast charge ever anymore.

Constellation

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 will not fast charge ever anymore.

It just slowly charges for hours. No damage to battery or tablet just the fast charging stopped working on it awhile back. Have had since Jan brand new. I heard Samsung is using a differrent adapter a 3volt for this tablet now, anyone know if this is true and I just need a new adapter? Or any other tips, thank you

See more topics labeled with:

20 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Tab A 10.1 will not fast charge ever anymore.

You're using the original cable/adapter, correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

Fast charging on my Tab A 10.1 with stylus stopped a few months ago, too. I am using the stock charger that came with it. If I charge it with any other charger, it takes even longer, and the battery icon stays red throughout charging. Please tell me there is a fix for the fast charging on my tablet. 

Asteroid

I too have noticed a difference in how my S10.1 charges. It now takes several hours and never fully charges.  I am using the correct charger but I have tried others to see if they made a difference but it's worse.

Samsung Moderator

Are ya'll turning the tablet off while charging?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

My Samsung tab s2 does the same thing. Last week it charged just fine, using the charger that came with the tablet. I could charge while watching Netflix and obtain a full charge. Now it charges if the tablet is off but if the tablet is on, it charges extremely slow and I get the message about the charger being slow. 

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different outlet by any chance?  We normally suggest not using the tablet while charging so that you don't potentially damage the battery. 

samsungjam wrote:

Have you tried a different outlet by any chance?  We normally suggest not using the tablet while charging so that you don't potentially damage the battery. 

That's a new one on me. 

Current Device- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Ocean Blue, 512 GB
Cosmic Ray

No, I have not been able to try a different wall outlet to charge. I don't generally use my tablet when it is recharging. It is turned on, but the cover is closed so it is not being used. How much of a difference will recharge make under those conditions?

I guess one thing I need to take into consideration is that my tablet's battery is a lot bigger, twice the size, if I am not mistaken, that that of any of my smartphones, which could add to the fact that it seems to be charging slower than expected. With that in mind, what is the published/expected recharge times for the Tab A 10.1 with Stylus, from say 25%? Is there a link that you can provide for this information?

Also, I was hoping that the update to Nougat would also give us the nice recharge notification, like what is displayed on my S8+ when I am recharging. The charging has it's own notification that tells you if it is charging fast or not, current %, and estimated time to full charge. 

Samsung Moderator

Regrettably, only the battery life information is available. If it is on while charging, even with the cover closed, it will take noticeably longer to charge compared to being off and charging.