Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

Please get that to us as soon as you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My TV Started melting.  I contacted Samsung and told I was approved for an exchange.  I have gotten three automated messages telling me to call 1-888-501-2502.  ive been calling it several times a day for over three weeks.  I have never spoken to the elusive exchange coordinator.    Honestly, I've come to the cinclusion that this was a big run around orchestrated by samsung and they never had any intention of correcting a problem where the obviously faulty TV they built could overheat and potentallyy burn my house down and kill my family. 

I wanted to see if anyone else had this same siuation or knew another way to get ahold of an exchange coordinator before I get my local news and state attorneys generals office involved.  it s less about the TV now and more about letting others who were unfortunate rnouh to purchase from this company that obviously doesnt care that they make dangerous products.  

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the transaction number so that we can get this resolved for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Samsung Moderator

Thank you.  This has been escalated.  

Samsung Moderator

@74Bronco, so sorry to hear this. The exchange coordinator will contact you by the end of the day. 

Astronaut

Hello,

I was just informed that a Samsung UN50J6200AF Version  DH03  television that I purchased through Amazon on January 9, 2016 and gave to my parents began to melt around the frame today.  I was informed that the picture went black, and that the screen was glowing red.  My mother then started to smell burning plastic and that is when she realized the frame around the screen was melting.  She proceeded to immediately turn off the television.  This is a big issue that Samsung needs to start making people aware of, and needs to take action immediately just like they did with their washing machines and cell phones.  I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner!

Samsung Moderator

Please send us a private message so that we can assist with this matter.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Constellation

So I had my TV melt back in September last year. After a long drawn out process, I was able to use a one time accomodation to cover repair guys coming out to fix the TV. The repair guys were great! The TV, still not. As of a few days ago.....the TV has AGAIN MELTED!!! I'm a long time Samsung buyer and I'm rapidly losing faith. This is unreal to me that Samsung has not pulled a recall on these darn explodey TVs! I'm soon going to have to call again and deal with the outrageously long calls to probably receive a big nope anyways. It's frustrating beyond belief. Stand by your products!