Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

Since the update on 19 June it seems to be working for me but have only done a hike and aerobic session - before it would just stop recording when I did any excercise. Will see if it's just a coincidence or if it keeps up.

Anonymous

I am glad the recent update has helped. Please keep us informed if you have any more issues. 

Asteroid

Good afternoon user3uwazi9nIQ,

What update are you talking about?  Are talking about R600XXU1ARE2?

Constellation

Which update really?

Constellation

I have recently had an update to R600XXU1ARE2. ( gear sport UK version).

The problem is not fixed and only seems to appear when recording a run or ride.

If you look at this link the problem has been reported in the Samsung EU community forums and has been passed to dev to look into.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Gear-Sport-Not-Tracking-Heart-Rate...

So far we have no fix.

I urge everyone to go to that link and add a comment as I have mentioned there that this issue is across multiple devices of different countries.

The problem is the Samsung Health app on the watch...try recording a workout with another app such as 'Gear tracker' and heart rate records continuously fine.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I just bought a Gear Sport, and it's a total piece of junk for HR monitoring. Literally stops recording while I bike, and even afterwards it often needs like 20 minutes to have a proper HR reading. Even if I'm just at home and doing everyday physical movements like cutting vegetables, it can measure basically double values for pulse, like 130. Horrible. No matter how tight the strap is, or whether the watch is over my wrist or under.

I can't believe that none of the reviewers mentioned any big issues with the HR monitoring, even though I was watching and reading plenty of reviews before deciding to buy it.

And now I'm finding these forum topics everywhere from actual users of the Samsung Gear watches, complaining about the exact same thing. I found the exact same complaints about the Gear S2*, and it seems Samsung did NOTHING to improve the HR monitoring, even though with the Gear Sport they released a product specifically marketed for fitness tracking. Unbelievable. Smiley Sad

Gear 2 heart rate monitor horribly inaccurate?

Edit: Now I was testing the UA Record app on the Gear Sport, and that can't record anything properly either. I was doing pushups, bringing my pulse to around 120-130, and it was still showing 60 something, very slowly increasing up to 80 after I already finished. Completely and utterly out of sync with my actual pulse, even though I wasn't even sweaty, and tightened the straps plenty. It just can't handle any sort of dynamic change. Again, unbelievable. How is this any sort of fitness tracking? I really hope the engineer who worked on this will be fired.

Constellation

Hi , I found a solution , on the gear sport , you go to the heatbeat screen , the you click on it , on the right side there should be three dot one on top of each other , click on it , here you can set how you want the heartbeat monitor to work , always , seldom ... 

Hope it was useful, I search a lot myselft for that ! :-)

Steph

Constellation

I bought my Sport 3 about 12 days ago I've been testing everything(Love the Spotify) but today during my workout routine the I couldn't get the workout exercises to work spent more time on the wath than actually working out. I decided I look for a solution but based on ehat I see...I'm returning it back to Best buy.

I had a polar watch before never had an issue...I don't have time to deal with wearables that don't work!

Thanks for the info...

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I solved problem for me...

I dont use s healt i use gear tracker and works like charm.

Hr rate is accurate not flat lines like in s health.And its works all my ride.

Fix s health....

Constellation

and with apps (mobile) you pair Gear tracker app?