iconx 2018 soft to no volume

SOLVED
Constellation

was excited to get the new iconX 2018s and for the most part they are ok... have been running with them every other day, and they have been fine.  

On yesteday's run I noticed the left earbud got extremely soft in volume but after a while it reset itself, today the right one is now doing it and it's not gotten any better even after an hour of letting it sit there.

This is concerning about the quality of these guys, am I doing something wrong and is there something I Can do to fix it (yes, I know, I can reset them which means I have to go through the entire rigamorole of everything, but if it's going to be that, I'll just return these)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungTrevor (Samsung Moderator)
a week ago

Re: iconx 2018 soft to no volume

Hey everyone, if you are having trouble with your device, and you have already attempted to reset your device, please reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be happy to let you know about the repair options available to you. Thanks so much for reaching out! 😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

96 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I too have the same problem. It only happens on the left earbud.

It feels like the earbud disconnect then reconnect again or going from stero to mono to stero fast.

Samsung Moderator

Can everyone check their Gear manager app to see if any updates are available? Thanks.

Asteroid

I just check and i have the latest update

Samsung Moderator

Thanks for that info! Do you have Ambient Sound Mode turned On or Off?

Asteroid

Turned off

Samsung Moderator

Hmm, crazy. I would suggest a reset in this case. Here are the two ways to reset them.

Admiral

Same problem with only right bud. left still sounds great but right is so soft it's barely audible.
Admiral

I know several of us just got software updates on phones. S8s and my note8 just got it today. Today is the first time ever having this problem. maybe?