Some issues with Gear IconX 2018

SOLVED
Constellation

Some issues with Gear IconX 2018

[ Edited ]

I have got my Gear IconX 2018, and i'm using it with my Samsung Galaxy S8. Charged it up and paired for the first time so far so good, tap left earbuds to control my music (play/pause,skip/prev), right earbuds as workout earbuds.

But later on, when I tried to connect to my IconX again I encountered some issues, although minor, they are really irritating.

Firstly, connecting should be easy and flawless (its an expensive earbuds afterall), and true enough just by opening the charging case, the earbuds automatically paired to my phone (showed in my phone's bluetooth section, connected to IconX (audio/media)) and I can hear my music, but in my Gear App, it just refuses to connect, and keeps popping out "Unable to connect to Gear IconX". I have to repeatedly spam the connect button, or maybe place the earbuds back into the case, wait awhile and reopen and try again, before they finally connect on the app and I can see the battery level etc.

Next I meddled abit with the workout earbuds, switching to left, and then back to right again. All of a sudden the tap controls for my music and stuffs was on my right earbud, and removing my earbuds from my ear will pause everything, either Youtube or Spotify. Now this is unacceptable as I'm using a single earbud quite often, and I reinstalled the Gear App and repaired, this time this problem is gone, but my tap controls remained on the right earbuds. Edited: The problem of removing right earbuds to pause media occurred again. I realised it's activated by some motion that I have no idea what it is,  I will hear some tone in my right ear bud and from then on removing the right will pause stuffs. 

Sorry for the long text, but did anyone else encounter these issues and managed to solve them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova
Solution
Accepted by SamsungTrevor (Supernova)
‎04-17-2018 02:37 PM

Re: Some issues with Gear IconX 2018

Hey, everyone, I hope you are having a great start to your week!

I just wanted to let you know that we are discussing this same topic over on this thread. I'm happy to help both threads, but it may be easier if we consolidate into one thread

Has anyone been able to try the steps above?

Thanks everyone for your cooperation. 👍

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

75 REPLIES
Supernova

Hey, @NewSamsungUser, would you mind sending me a PM so that I can get some more specifics about your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am having the same issue with the constantly pausing.  I have tried changing the workout ear bud and when I have both in I don't have much of a problem but one only one is in everytime I bend over or turn my head it seems to pause. 

Supernova

This does seem to have something to do with the motion detected by your earbud. Would you mind providing us with the model number of your IconX, @userjVo8Uw9cLM?

Constellation

Im having the same issue. I hear a tone right before it pauses. Not sure if its motion or some other issue.

Supernova

Hey, everyone, thanks for providing this information.

Would you all mind providing me with your model number? Were they purchased within the US?

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are able to find a solution to this concern. I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us today, please let us know if you are able to find a solution.

If you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help! 😃

Asteroid

Same exact problem. I think I'm going to return these. They worked great for about a week and then all this stuff

Asteroid

Someone from a tech chat helped me today because they kept pausing and disconnecting. Just now the right ear bud's volume is significantly lower than the left... calls go connected and then unconnected. I'd be willing to buy another pair to see if it's just a faulty pair but this is ridiculous
Supernova

Just wanted to drop in and check on a few things.

Is this happening (no sound) in both ear pieces?

Have you had a moment to check for debris or blockage on the ear buds?

Lastly, is the Gear Manager and the device up to date?

Please let me know!