Gear S3 not showing text notifications

Asteroid

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

See more topics labeled with:

69 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not showing text notifications

I am having the same exact issues get notifications for emails, Facebook etc but not text messages help would be great

Constellation

I'm having this issue as well. It was working fine since I got it a month ago, today I stopped getting text notification. I still get the txt if I open the message app on the watch. The message app is now missing in the list of available app in the 'manage notification'.

Anyone know how to fix this without resetting the watch? The phone is S8+.

Constellation

Same issue. Gear s3 frontier & s8

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that.  I just had to do a factory reset of the watch and that fixed everything.  Factory reseting is totally the last resort, but it worked, and the amount of data you lose is no where near as bad as if you had to perge your phone.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that.  I just had to do a factory reset of the watch and that fixed everything.  Factory reseting is totally the last resort, but it worked, and the amount of data you lose is no where near as bad as if you had to perge your phone.

Constellation

I have the same problem. No text (SMS) notification on my watch. It was working fine for abt 3 weeks, now down for 2 weeks.

Phone: S8+

Watch: S3 frontier

Asteroid

I am having the same problem

All my notifications are NOT showing up and the amber light does not always glow on......this is happening more often then not, it is VERY ANNOYING.    Called Samsung and they suggested to factory reset the watch......did this multiple times tired of hearing the same old fix which does not work.  HELP!

Also I set the watch face display on for 1 minute, but it goes off in 15 seconds after  I flip my wrist up.  If I hit the home button it stays on for 1 minute.   Is this the way this is to work?

Does anyone out there no how to fix these problems?

Constellation

Yea this just happened to me. It was working fine a few days ago. I thought the settings were wrong. But it seems to be not the case, it was the feature I loved most. My e-mail notifications don't seem to come through anymore as well. I did a Factory reset last week, but that was for a different issue!

Constellation

I must say that my S3 also did not show notifications 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm very disappointed, seriously thinking of abandoning my smartwatch forever.