Gear S3 Whatsapp support

Cosmic Ray

Gear S3 Whatsapp support

Hi,

When can we expect full Whatsapp support on the Gear S3?

I frequently use Whatsapp and the current solution is far from perfect:

* Only last message shown

* Not able to adjust the canned messages

148 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear S3 Whatsapp support

Hello there, @mhoogers. We're glad you reached out here with your question.

As this app is made by a company other than Samsung, we have no way to know when it will be updated to work fully with the Gear S3. You may wish to reach out to them directly with this for a more complete answer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

Hi,

I do not agree.

This is out of the box behavior of my Gear S3. So this is developed by Samsung!

Asteroid

The notifiction mechanism for chats like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp should really be enhanced to show more than just latest message. Smiley Sad

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Quick messages can be modified in the Gear App.

However the notification solution should view all messages - not only latest. Must have for me. Please let us know you are aware and working on something - might be a reason to not return the watch. Smiley Wink

Cosmic Ray

Quick messages does not work for Whatsapp notifications!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Ok. So my support to address that as well, Samsung.

I now configured W-History on my S7 and bought Whats History on my Gear S3. Will give that a try BUT that should be native. Maybe Samsung could even ask the Programmer for support. He solved this for Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp already. Therefore it is possible and should be part of the native Notifications App!!

Asteroid

Is there a page where we could see what to expect in future versions. Not in terms of "forward-looking statements" but some information what we may be able to see soon.

I guess communication needs enhancements and app partnerships with companies like Facebook / WhatsApp / Microsoft will be critical for the success.

Asteroid

was also very good if svoice let me send whatsapp messages like i do before with my lg watch r

now when i say "hello gear, send whatsapp messages Giulia, hello" the gear 3s send just sms and not whatsapp message
Asteroid

As others have said, Samsung should play a part in this to solve this issue. We're talking about a very popular messaging app that millions of people use. The only messaging app that works well with Gear s2/s3 is Kakaotalk, and that's only because it's very popular in your home country. You guys really need to provide support for the popular apps if you want tizen to succeed. If this isn't fixed soon, I'm jumping to android wear 2.0 when it comes out.