My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

Constellation

My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

[ Edited ]

It's a model SM-R360ZINXAR, Serial No. <Hidden>.  I press and hold the side buttons (individually and together) for long periods of time (30 plus seconds), nothing.  Put on the charger and it shows a white lightening bolt for maybe a second, then nothing.  Opened it up for the first time yesterday, so don't have experience with it working before. Left it on the charger overnight last night, nothing still this morning.  Help!

319 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: My Gear Fit 2 doesn't appear to be charging and won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Asteroid

Am experiencing the same thing.  Just bought mine and tried to turn it on by pressing the power button.  Nothing but black screen.  So I figure it just needs to be charged.  I connected it to the cradle.  The lighting bolt icon comes on for a second then dissapears.  Doesn't look like its charging.

Model Number: SM-R360ZINXAR

Honored Contributor

Hello there, @userRJ6xcOgU4U and @userMQ03PryjmV. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Try opening up the device you have the Gear Fit 2 paired with and unpair the two. Give the phone a moment or two, the try repairing them. Afterward if you try to turn on the Gear Fit 2, hopefully it will turn on just fine.

If this doesn't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as what smart phone your device is paired with, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

The Gear Fit 2 is brand new and hadn't been paired with any phone yet.

The Gear Fit 2 finally charged though.  I had to put it on the charger, take it off and put it back on again about 7 or 8 times with different orientations before it finally started to charge.  Not sure what the issue was.

Thanks for replying back.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for updating letting us know! You can always try a nice power cycle on your Gear Fit 2 next time you notice it's not really catching a connection. This would just be a simple powering off the device and applying it to the charger to see if it connects immediately.

If this continues, or starts up, feel free to update this thread letting us know, and we'll continue to troubleshoot until we get to the bottom of it!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Astronaut

i just opened my gear fit 2, took it out of the box... no charge.

the lightning bolt flashes for a second, then nothing....

so ... exactly the same problem

how did yours eventalluy start chareging?

advice?

i want to send it back

Asteroid

Well,  I had to put it on the charger, take it off and put it back on again about 7 or 8 times with different orientations before it finally started to charge.  Not sure what the issue was but its been charging fine since then.  Maybe the charging contacts weren't clean?  I can't be sure.

Constellation

Hello All!  Not sure if you ever figured this out, but indeed I had the same issue.  Lightning bolt would flash for a second then disappear.

I ended up trying the suggestion from an above post to try different orientations.  Ended up basically very very softly..  like indiana jones style, setting it on the dock after the 15th time, but with the buttons on the bottom.  And its now charging..   sheesh.

Astronaut

I was having this same issue. Brand new out of the box. Just read this thread. I had already taken it on and off the charger many times in different positions and different USB plugs with no success. So I took it off, rubbed the charger and pressed in the contact points a few times. When I put the watch back on after that, it finally started charging.