Gear Icon X Volume has become very low

Astronaut

Re: Gear Icon X Volume has become very low

I have the same problem with my Gear IconX 2018 edition, after 4 days of using, the right earbud volume has become so low i can bearly hear a thing. Please respond SAMSUNG!!

Constellation

I'm having the same issue on my icon x 2018. I've used em a total of 3 times. 

Asteroid

The same thing happened to me on the left ear bud. Both ear buds worked fine for the first week, but by the second week of usage the left earbud's volume was barely discernible. I had to pump up the volume to the max before I could hear the music (the right bud's volume was good but not great). I read your post and proceeded to try to clean the left earbud with a Qtip and some rubbing alcohol (yes the black mesh also came out when I twirled the Qtip). I cleaned the mesh and the transducer several times in span of two days, but unlike your experience, this did not fix the problem for me. The left earbud is still severly underpowered compared to the right ear bud. I have already requested an RMA from Amazon. My hope is the next set I get will not have this issue since I was really enjoying these earbuds while working out.

Asteroid

Same happened to me, try resetting the buds in the gear app, it helped me.

Constellation

true indeed
Constellation

I have had the same problem for my pair so stopped using the right earbud and only used the left one. I did that for two days then used both of them. The right earbud is noticeable louder than they were 2 days prior.

Asteroid

Ok thanks for the suggestion. I just got my replacement set today so if it happens again I will do a reset to see if it eliminates the problem like it did for you. 

Asteroid

Hopefully Samsung can fix this issue with a firmware update. If we are going to have to do a reset via the Gear app every two weeks or so it's going to be extremely annoying! Samsung, I hope you are looking in to this issue as we speak.

[ Edited ]

Opinion: Would You Rather Have 2016 or 2018 IconX?

Samsung Gear IconX 2016

Pros: Heart Rate Monitor, Slim More Comfortable Ergonomic Design

Cons: 2-3 Hour Battery, Phone Calls Limited To Only Single Ear Connection, No Voice Activation Feature

Samsung Gear IconX 2018

Pros: 5-6 Hour Battery Life, Fast Charging, Dual Ear Bud Connection On Phone Calls, Voice Activation Feature Via Google Assistant, Bixby, Cortana

Cons: No Heart Rate Monitor, Bulky Less Comfortable Design, More Expensive

David Martin Graff
Astronaut

Hi there,

I had exactly the same issue, namely, I could barely hear the voice of the left earbud. As strange as it is, the problem solved itself after fully charging both earbuds! When I read the accepted answer, I thought it was the moisture, maybe was, however, the volume is now fine just after this charging process. I suggest you to give fully charging a try, although I have no logical explanation for this, there is no harm in the end, right? Smiley Happy

Best!