I was so excited to purchase my new gas range last month. We have gotten pretty good use out of it and it looks gorgeous in our newly renovated kitchen. However, last night I had the scare of my life when I saw my 6 year old daughter walk by the stove to get a snack and her arm brushed slightly against a knob, the power burner knob in the front, to be exact, and the burner TURNED ON and nearly caught her hair on fire! She jumped back and said “what was that, Mommy!” I thought maybe it was a fluke at first and after my nerves settled, I mimicked exactly what she did and the same thing happened to me. I then slightly bumped each knob with just a fingertip and discovered how easily these burners turn and turn on. With a few of the tries, the flame didn’t light, but gas was coming out. So I now not only have the fear of one of my kids catching themselves on fire, but also a knob being bumped and my house filling with gas and possibly exploding?! I cannot believe the amount of posts on this subject with no recall from Samsung. People are having to resort to after market safety knobs or pulling the knobs completely off when the stove is in use?! This is unacceptable. I am a loyal Samsung customer. All of our kitchen appliances and televisions in the home are Samsung. However, this safety hazard is well beyond what I’d expect from your brand and I demand something is done about it before someone is injured or killed.
... View more