We just had the same thing happen today. A package left on the counter caught fire after an apparent knob bump. Thank god my daughter got up to check the noises she was hearing, which turned out to be the plastic wrapped items (clothing) in the box melting and catching fire. She doused the flames and then broke down with emotion and was completely distressed when she called me. You’re right; just cleaning or reaching accidentally turns it on high. I shudder to think what could have occurred had she not been vigilant.
... View more