It is far easier to just update from the App. USB devices are like 2009 tech, nobody has one around anymore.
Except for that some of us, the app wouldn't find our soundbar when we first got the thing around Christmas. Then the last app update made it so I can't even log into it. Tells me my password is incorrect. Reset password with the app, still wroing password. I think the app is shabby.
For those of you having trouble with the USB firmware upgrade, here are some things to know.
1. Use MS-DOS format on the thumb drive.
2. Be sure there is nothing else on the drive. No empty folders. No other files. Just the upgrade.msd file.
3. Turn on the soundbar first, _then_ plug in the USB drive.
4. The USB port is in an awkward place. Flip your soundbar forward and hang it off the edge of your TV stand to see the display, if you don't have a glass TV stand.
5. The display will flash "Upgrade" for a little less than a minute. Then it will powercycle itself. Then it will say "Upgrade" without flashing for about 30 seconds, then powercycle itself a second time.
6. It should then be turned on as normal and displaying whatever input it normally displays when you first turn it on.
... View more