I wouldn't upgrade to a note 10, from a note 9. Here is the rationale:
1) No headphone jack - Yes really, it is a deal breaker. Unless I invest in wireless headphones or a splitter, I cannot charge and use headphones at the same time. Moreover, it renders my existing Senheizer and Bose wired headphones useless. It is something Samsung has always mocked Apple for, only to do the same thing couple of years later.
2) 1080p - Are you kidding me? Flagship phone without Quad HD? You have 1440p in Note 9 for God's sake!
3) No expandable storage (Note 10) - This is well a downgrade vs. Note 9.
4) 60Hz - For a phone you call has cool features for gaming, you couldn't even provide a refresh rate of 90Hz, similar to One plus 7 pro or Asus Rog.
5) Screen size (Note 10) - 1 inch smaller than Note 9.
6) Price - Note 10 is $50 below Note 9 price, but Note 9 is a downgrade in specs (losing expandable storage, headphone jack etc.) Note 10+ is much more expensive than Note 9, but degrades display quality (pixels), and still loses headphone jack. The only upside is a newer processor, and some gimmicky features which you might not use regularly (do you really want video doodles everyday?)
People talk about increased RAM, but 8 or 12 gb is an overkill especially for Exynos processors, which along with Mali GPU, suck at gaming (check the debate on Snapdragon vs. Exynos)
So no, thanks, I am sticking to my current Samsung phone.
... View more