My S5 battery exploded last night - it set my purse on fire and I am extemely shaken. While the phone is a few years old I had never had an issued with it prior to this. Fortnately even though I was driving (taking my 14 old dog to the ER VET) I was able to pull over and get the phone out before everything burned. Thank GOD this happened while I was near the phone and not during the night when it very well could have started a house fire. I had heard of this happening but never thought it would be me.
... View more