I totally agree with you! I actually had a paper bag catch on fire because the burner turned on sooooo easily!!! The burner turning on accidentally had happened to me before, so, I knew about it and the rule was, don't put anything on top of the stove. Well, I came home with groceries and was putting them away, in a but of a hurry, as a lot of us get....well I emptied the paper bag and set it on top of the stove and I turned to the sink( for some reason) and when I turned back, the bag was on fire! I grabbed the first thing I thought of, which was my kitchen sink faucet hose sprayer and luckily it was close enough and I just started spraying it with water until I could grab the bag and throw it in the sink! It totally freaked me out, and what a mess!!! I was planning on calling Appliance Discounters, where we purchased the stove, a little over 1 yr. ago, but Googled it and found this website. I now will try the " fix" that someone posted.
... View more