Ok , we just installed our special ordered Tuscan color SS slide in electric range a couple of weeks ago in our brand new renovated kitchen. We were just checking the bead board panels fitted under our new white cabinets and had a couple of decorative plastic panels to install when we moved some stuff over from the countertop onto the stove while checking the backsplash fit up. I went outside to paint the beadboard and in five minutes my wife was screaming FIRE. The knob on the front panel had moved and started a plastic fire on the range. I had to use the fire extinguisher to put out the fire. This has ruined our upper cabinets and new microwave and caused massive smoke damage throughout our house. We called the fire department and they set up fans to ventilate and wrote up a report. The firemen pulled out the stove and unplugged it. They also turned on a knob while sliding the range out and commented that the range was dangerous! We are now considering legal matters.
... View more