Today one of the burners was accidentally and unknowingly turned on when we left the house, leaving my husband who is partially deaf, upstairs alone in the house. A glass dish of cooked brownies was sitting on top of the stove and happened to be sitting on the burner that was accidentally turned on. Fortunately he smelled smoke and came downstairs to a smoke filled kitchen and an exploded glass food container that was holding burning brownies. We had a huge mess but more important, we could have lost our home or a loved one. Samsung's response that their design meets required standards is a defensive response that is not helpful. I am 63 and have had multiple stovetops in my lifetime and I have never experienced one that is accidentally turned on like this one. Shame on Samsung for their response. At a minimum put in a recall or send out repairman to modify the design. This stovetop is a huge fire hazard. I'd be happy if Samsung fixed the problem but since they don't, I'm happy to join a class action suit.
... View more