I was charging my phone yesterday just with the charger I got with the phone. After a few minutes I got an alert saying I should retract the charger from the port, so I did this immediatly. After this, the charger port was not just warm, it was hot, I couldn’t even though it anymore with my hands because of the heat. At the same moment the phone gave a smell of a burnt battery. All of this after buying a new battery which was also placed in my phone by a Samsung center. The charger port was also not moistured at all. Even for a phone of more or less 3 years old, this shouldn’t be happening at all! I was lucky that I was charging the phone during the day, but imagine what could have happened when I was sleeping… Molten batteries can cause serious cancer, not even talking about the possibility of my house being burnt away due to this deffect. I’m not sure if Samsung can provide me from a compensation which is good enough to forget this. This is the worst defect that a phone could have and it shouldn’t happen at all.
... View more