Well, I finally called in to talk to a very nice E-Commerce rep who, after several minutes of checking, informed me that the only thing I could do would be cancel the order and start all over again. I thanked her and said, "No thanks, keep the order and I will purchase the accessories I thought were going to be free (via my pre-order credits) at a later date." If I were to cancel the order, I have ZERO confidence in the Samsung order system and I fear that all of my "enhanced" pre-order benefits would disappear and I would have to spend who-knows-how-many-hours on the phone with Samsung trying to explain it in order to get them back.
Here's my final recommendation to Samsung regarding their pre-order system: Trash it. Trash it completely! It doesn't work for beans! Instead, contract with someone capable like Amazon to handle all of your pre-orders.
... View more
Sorry. I am done talking to Samsung for the foreseeable future - but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Too much steam has vented from around my collar and I am in no mood to have any sunshine blown up my skirt.
FWIW: All of our previous Notes were bought through T-Mobile dealers and/or Amazon - except for the 7s. And, now that I think about it, I remember similar frustrations back then in ordering them online from Samsung.
... View more
I have come to this forum simply because I cannot find any address where I can privately write to Samsung to let them know what an absolute mess their pre-order system is and how frustrating the pre-order process for my Note 10+ has been.
THE SITUATION: My wife and I have been long time Note users (Notes 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and now 10s). I reserved, and then pre-ordered Note 10 Plus for both her and myself. Our intent is to trade in our current Note 8s and upgrade to the new Note 10+. I could be wrong but I think we are exactly the sort of customers that Samsung wants to please and not lose to " ".
A SUMMARY OF THE PROBLEMS:
1) The evening of August 7, I receive an email stating that "Your Galaxy Note10 awaits." Order before 12am EDT and receive enhanced trade-in values plus $150 credit in addition to the $50 reserve credit. Credits can be used for select Samsung accessories and devices. Hurray! Sounds great EXCEPT that it is nearly impossible to log in to my Samsung account (presumably because of traffic) - and every time I fail to log in I must begin again and re-enter all of my information (grrrr!). By the way, every time I failed to log in, there was absolutely no indication as to why - did I mis-enter some detail?, traffic overload?, Samsung doesn't love me any more?, other?
2) The site is incapable of pre-ordering two phones plus accessories on the same order. Two separate orders must be entered which doubles the frustration of item no. 1, above (grrr! x 2).
3) Furthermore, each pre-order must be made using the email address under which it was reserved. Consequently, I must first set up a new account for the second email (grrr!, again).
4) After several hours of complete frustration ("Serenity now!"), I finally get the two separate orders made. They are exactly the same except for color of the phone(s) and the LED covers. Both orders were to use the 200 credits to order the LED cover and a a Power Package deal which included a Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand (EP-NG930TBUGUS), a Wireless Charger Portable Battery (EB-U1200CSELUS), and a 45W USB-C Fast Charging Wall Charger (EP-TA845XBEGUS). I TRIPLE-CHECKED EACH ORDER TO BE CERTAIN IT WAS CORRECT BEFORE I PLACED IT. However, when I received the confirmation emails the next day, I discovered that my order was incorrect (her order was correct in all respects). Instead of the Power Package I had ordered, all it listed was a Fast Charge Travel Charger (EP-TA20JBEUGUS). Once again, GRRRR!
5) Contacting Samsung Customer Care was a complete waste of my time since "I'm sorry for that, once the order is placed we can't change the details in it. If you wish you can cancel the order and reorder with the changes." And then later with the Supervisor "...but there is no option to make any changes in the current order." My answer? Keep the order and do not cancel (or things will get even more messed up) - I will outright purchase what I wanted. GRRRR, GRRR, and even more GRRR!
QUESTIONS FOR SAMSUNG:
1) Are you truly interested in selling Galaxy Note 10s? I wonder. This entire experience has been more frustrating than getting a Building Permit.
2) Are you truly the elite engineering firm that you claim to be? You seem to be incapable of putting together a pre-order system, including website, that is User-Friendly ("Users" are your customers, by the way). Who in their right mind would put together an order webpage for a major product where one could only order one at a time, or had insufficient bandwidth, or forced one to re-enter all information over and over again? It defies logic.
3) Not able to modify pending orders? Really? This is 2019, not 1919, the last time I checked.
RECOMMENDATION: Sit the CEOs, COOs, and CFOs of Samsung International and Samsung America down and let THEM try to pre-order two Note 10+ online.
TO SUM IT ALL UP: GRRR!
... View more