I was hoping today to get the firmware download from Samsung website (once I rearned how SMART SWITCH program works). Unfortunately despite I did the backup few days ago I cannot restore it because I get error message "Device Not Supported", so this program is useless (although I've seen some ppl were successful). Talked to SAMSUN rep today and no help, no fix. I've found correct firmware for Lillipop but when I try to upload it through Odin I get Errors (about the software version). Another words phone expects latest OS (6.1) while I'm trying to push 5.1.1 There are tools to override this but they cost money and I'm not really willing to pay to fix Samsung mistakes. So far no solution PS> Failed Better Business Bureau official complain. All of you should do this to
... View more
06-21-201811:38 AM - last edited on 06-21-201812:24 PM by SamsungAl
I was experimenting with my phone till the point is is not usable anymore. I downloaded zipped kernel placed on SD and tried to run it upon phone boot. Unfortunately got errors and now my phone botts into T-MOBILE logo and stalls.
I have been looking for places to download Note-4 ROMs but so far have not found one that works. Downloaded 3 of them and they perfectly matched my phone model but all of them crashed.
I also tried to instal TWRP hoping to al least to have more controll over the boot process, but it failed as well. Yesterday (until my recent install which crashed) phone was working for some time then either going to sleep mode or was rebooting suddenly. As an experiment I left the phone for several hours on a BOOT MENY (no reboots, no freezing everything OK). That proves the problem is with the software (not hardware). Although I do not know all Android internals I do some minor Android development and have 35+ yrs IT experience. I can tell all of you one thing for sure:
DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG FOR REPAIR - it would be waste of money. HERE IS WHAT ALL PEOPLE HAVING THE ISSUE SHOULD DO: 1. Email SAMSUNG SUPPORT or call to have them create a trouble ticket. 2. Create an account and login to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (if you are in USA or CANADA). You might find an appropriate organization in EU (as well). Make sure you refer to the Trouble Ticket# in your complain.
3. File a complaint (ask for immediate fix or refund for the phone)
4. Share this link on social media sites
5. Share your problem with your provider REP (store, on-line, phone call etc.)
6. Warn potential new users of SAMSUNG phones, that they might be facing similar issues after their phone is out of warranty and they possibly be ignorred.
7 Collect and store documentation regarding your contacts with Samsung, or any other parties trying to help you resolve the issue.
8. Create Trouble ticket with your Carrier (your carrier ticket would be separate from Samsung ticket).
9. If you already abought another phone (to exchange with Note4) share this with Samsung explaining why you not purchased Samsung product again. 10. Create a video showing your issue and share it on-line. There are thousands of people experiencing this problem and are more comming every day. The only way to get the attention and have the issue fixed is to make it LOUD and have Samsung realize that they will loose thousands of potential customers who will never go with Samsung phone again (or perhaps Samsung product again).
PS> in the meantime share your findings here so we can learn from each other. BLESSINGS FOR EVERY ONE
Here is one thing I suggest for all of you.
... View more
I tried to follow the steps to install TWRP. I connect my phone (see it on COM3), select file and once click on START the message says "File analysis" and nothing happens then. Waited about 10 min.... I used *.img file (not sure if this is right format) Any ideas ? Anybody knows where to download proper version of TWRP and ROM file for Android 5.1.1 ? I downloaded already from one source but the file is corrupted (will not unzip). Some places they want me to pay $25 which is the shame for OS which is free. ART
... View more